PDA

View Full Version : New case for unibody MBP

Kwoka
13th May 2010, 11:51 PM
Hi i just dropped my unibody mbp and i was wonder how much it would cost to get a new case for it? The dent is on the lid and on the corners of where you put your wrist.

NILcorp
14th May 2010, 12:01 AM
Is your laptop still functioning properly?

You cannot buy a new case. It has to be a full replacement.

Kwoka
14th May 2010, 12:43 AM
At the moment it seems to be functioning properly.

Dvinn
14th May 2010, 12:02 PM
I am new member ~ Hi /

I've a scratched on bottom of my 17" MAC Pro recently. I took it to Apple store. I remember it cost 72 bucks to replace the bottom panel.

Make an appoint and see what they says.

Cheers,

billybob
14th May 2010, 12:34 PM
WRONG

Is your laptop still functioning properly?

You cannot buy a new case. It has to be a full replacement.

grfxninja
14th May 2010, 12:36 PM
I am new member ~ Hi /

I've a scratched on bottom of my 17" MAC Pro recently. I took it to Apple store. I remember it cost 72 bucks to replace the bottom panel.

Make an appoint and see what they says.

Cheers,

His dents are on the top though, so I would imagine it will a lot more expensive to swap out. Worth asking though :thumbup:

billybob
14th May 2010, 12:42 PM
Kwoka,

You can elect to pay for replacement parts. From the sounds of it you will need a replacement display and top case.

The cost of these parts and labour will vary depending on your exact model. Take it into your local Apple store or service centre for an exact quote.

But be warned, the parts and labour for this repair (display + topcase + labour) will probably exceed the cost of buying a replacement machine.

Hi i just dropped my unibody mbp and i was wonder how much it would cost to get a new case for it? The dent is on the lid and on the corners of where you put your wrist.

Balthazar
14th May 2010, 12:59 PM
WRONG

That was helpful

Kwoka
14th May 2010, 01:25 PM
Thanks for all the replies i've booked an appointment for the genius bar to see how much it is. Will let you guys know the outcome!

The Goat
21st May 2010, 10:36 PM
That was helpful

And that was funny.

Balthazar
24th May 2010, 08:42 AM
And that was funny.

And that boosted my self esteem! :D