PDA

View Full Version : Mail.app and Large attachments

mestevie
13th May 2010, 12:14 PM
Have been using OSX Mail.app with exchange 2007 since moving over fully to Mac in a PC workplace. I have ironed out most of the niggles with cross platform work, but there is one thing that is still giving me grief - the way mail.app deals with large attachments (>1mb).

It seems that rather than downloading the emails once and for all, it wants to download the email and attachment when the email itself is opened. This means that there is often a long delay in the email being displayed, let alone providing access to the attachment.

When emails first arrive this often stops delivery of all other emails as well.

As mentioned, set up is Mail.app talking to Exchange 2007. In the advanced tab of the exchange account I have left everything as default.

I am wondering if there are any settings to tweak to allow emails to come through whilst attachments are downloading?

mestevie
14th May 2010, 02:09 PM
Just bumping this annoyance...

DeKa
14th May 2010, 08:32 PM
I have the same issue, using an Exchange 2010 account.
Doesn't help, but thought you might like to know you're not alone.

mestevie
15th May 2010, 12:45 PM
Deka

Any workarounds?

Steve

dickg
15th May 2010, 04:52 PM
Go to the cloud. DropBox will let you store up to two gigs for free and you can email a link.

mestevie
28th May 2010, 10:36 PM
Resolved by getting rid of the labyrinth of inbox folders i had, making one big save folder, and rocking the spotlight search.

Mail.app seems to cope better traversing one folder than 15-20.