PDA

View Full Version : Latest Macbook Pro 15" Heat Problem After I Put It To Sleep

Hamshy
12th May 2010, 10:12 PM
Hi,

I have had my brand new macbook pro for a couple of weeks now.
I turn it off occasionally but most of the time put it to sleep. I put it to sleep after logging out and closing all applications, like i do every day, after work today and when i got home and opened it up again it was rather hot.
When i opened it i could see a vague picture of the login screen. I tried to wake it up fully but i couldn't. So i held the power button and re started it. It took longer then usual to start up but seems to be working fine now.

Has anyone else had this problem? Or does anyone have any advice?

Thanks a lot!

dev_enter
13th May 2010, 12:16 AM
When sleeping your notebook, try not moving it until the sleep light is pulsing.

I seem to recall that moving it prematurely can sometimes interrupt the deep sleep process and wake it up in your bag. Every user at work who complains about this issue, I've given the same advice to and never heard from them about it again.

inrainbows
13th May 2010, 02:34 AM
I've had this happen as well a few times but not for quite a while and it didn't seem to cause any problems after i restarted.

Hamshy
13th May 2010, 08:51 AM
Thanks a lot for your feedback. I was very worried for a while there. Hopefully it doesn't happen again.