PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know where I can buy "The North Face" products cheap?

davedave
12th May 2010, 07:07 PM
Anyone know where I can buy "The North Face" products cheap?
I'm after an XL black Apex Bionic Jacket. They go for $249 at Anaconda. Reputable International sellers are an option.

Thanks,
Dave

mitty
12th May 2010, 07:49 PM
In my experiences the terms "North Face" and "cheap" are mutually exclusive.

Having said that, you could try Kathmandu, but they are rarely cheap either.

Assume you've tried Ebay?

davedave
12th May 2010, 08:15 PM
Thanks mitty.
I found this ebayer eBay Feedback Profile for 10th2046 (http://feedback.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=10th2046&ftab=AllFeedback&myworld=true)

Selling jackets here...
NWT: The North Face Men's Apex Bionic Jacket sz M/L/XL - eBay, Jackets, Mens Clothing, Clothing, Shoes, Accessories. (end time 18-May-10 00:40:07 AEST) (http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220603589385&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT#ht_1084wt_1167)
A disgruntled customer said they were fakes. I guess at that price, it must be too good to be true.

Byrd
12th May 2010, 08:27 PM
Having said that, you could try Kathmandu, but they are rarely cheap either.

But they nigh on have a 50% sale off every second week it seems; and if you get a VIP card you can get their sale goods earlier than other shoppers. I honestly don't think anyone buys anything from Kathmandu apart from sale times, bloody rip-off any other time!

davedave
12th May 2010, 08:36 PM
I'll keep an eye out for Kathmandu specials. I see they have a "Summit Club" which attracts discounts.

Rasta
12th May 2010, 09:23 PM
Vietnam.... saw heaps of "genuine" stuff over there...

I'm sure it was the real deal, just stuff made after the factory had 'closed' for the day...

thats awesome
13th May 2010, 03:21 AM
I brought some stuff from the north face store in SoHo for about half the price one would pay in AU.

Buy from a US Store, not eBay, pay a big extra and get the guarantee of authenticity. Last thing you want is fake north face...or fake anything for that matter.

samuelowens
13th May 2010, 08:28 AM
For Melburnians, the True Alliance Brand Outlet store in Nicholson St Fitzroy sells North Face seconds and end of season merchandise (along with Rockport, Lacoste, Reebok, Nautica and Ben Sherman) - the products are often heavily discounted. However, the availability of stuff is random.

icant
13th May 2010, 09:16 AM
North Face products are quite commonly sold on the cheap in Beijing. Very likely fake, but looks real. Point being, there must be a lot of fakes around.

dekco
13th May 2010, 10:03 AM
Plenty of fakes in beijing; but they are subtle differences in style. Some people may/may not recognise them.

Lutze
13th May 2010, 10:11 AM
You don't happen to have friends in Scotland do you?

Before I left I know they had a factory store on the outskirts of Stirling.

They also have a couple of Harbour Town like stores in England.

fleegle
13th May 2010, 10:56 AM
I've bought stuff from Altrec.com (http://www.altrec.com/) and had it shipped via Shipito (http://www.shipito.com/) with good results.

Although, after all the shipping costs etc. were factored in, I probably paid the same price that I would have paid if I bought them locally (if they were actually available).

wullieb1
16th May 2010, 10:37 AM
You don't happen to have friends in Scotland do you?

Before I left I know they had a factory store on the outskirts of Stirling.

They also have a couple of Harbour Town like stores in England.

OP

Depending on what you want i could get it when i'm back in Scotland in June then as long as you pay for shipping i'll post it to you.

Alessiman
17th May 2010, 09:09 AM
North Face products are quite commonly sold on the cheap in Beijing. Very likely fake, but looks real. Point being, there must be a lot of fakes around.

As someone said about Vietnam. I'm convinced these are the real deal too

Being a bit of a brand snob (I own a lot of genuine LV, etc) the quality of the North Face gear indistinguishable from the originals if they are fake

Though I've moved on from North Face and found Helly Hanson better quality and value for money