PDA

View Full Version : iPhone app update 'release notes'

Zandri
12th May 2010, 10:34 AM
More often than not, when there is an application update I like to read through the release notes to see what's changes/added in the updated version.

Using the App Store application on the iPhone you can view this information for applications with updates easily. But is it possible to view the same information from within iTunes (or some some other means like you can with reviewer comments - appcomments.com)?

LithgowLights
12th May 2010, 04:18 PM
I normally view the list of updates which have to be updated in iTunes, click on the icon and it shows the info on the App, including whats new.

marc
12th May 2010, 04:58 PM
I don't think the app's release notes automatically appear anywhere else. It's a shame.

opilot87
12th May 2010, 05:26 PM
I normally view the list of updates which have to be updated in iTunes, click on the icon and it shows the info on the App, including whats new.

Same same.

Ollie

Zandri
12th May 2010, 08:12 PM

This is what I was after, thanks! I knew it would be something simple that I'd overlooked, I'm sure I'd clicked on the application in the update list previously (the previous iTunes store layout).

I don't think the app's release notes automatically appear anywhere else. It's a shame.

I agree, being able to view the release note history could be quite useful. Not just the most recent release.