PDA

View Full Version : iPhone Music List Greyed Out In iTunes

aussie5353
12th May 2010, 09:39 AM
I'm trying to add my i Phone music to my i Tunes music library but my i Phone music list is greyed out and I can't do anything with it. I recently had to scrub my hard drive clean and have just re-installed i Tunes. Help!

gehenna
12th May 2010, 09:44 AM
You need to click the checkbox to Manually manage your library in iTunes when you connect the iPhone. iTunes will wipe the phone of its current music and you'll have to copy it across again manually.

aussie5353
13th May 2010, 07:44 AM
I went to Edit/Preferences and I couldn't find a checkbox to Manually manage my library in iTunes. Am I looking in the wrong spot? When i Tunes wipes the phone of its current music where does the file go so I can copy it across again manually? Thanks for your help.

Steeley
13th May 2010, 10:26 AM
I went to Edit/Preferences and I couldn't find a checkbox to Manually manage my library in iTunes. Am I looking in the wrong spot? When i Tunes wipes the phone of its current music where does the file go so I can copy it across again manually? Thanks for your help.

The setting is in the iPhone settings, first tab. It's not in Edit/Preferences.

evmorg
13th May 2010, 11:33 AM
If you're trying to move music from your iPhone to your iTunes library, you can only transfer purchased music from the iPhone - you can't (directly) transfer music acquired some other way.

In iTunes, go to Edit -> Transfer purchases from "youriPhone"

To move tracks acquired some other way, you'll need something like Sentui (http://www.fadingred.com/senuti/).

Cheers.