PDA

View Full Version : Resellers get iPad

Jinkies
11th May 2010, 05:14 PM
Finally seems like Apple has decided to let at least some of its reseller base get the iPad.

Apple premium resellers set to stock iPad - ZeroThree, Simms International, Mac & Me, Mac centre Norwood, iPad, Apple - ARN (http://www.arnnet.com.au/article/346092/apple_premium_resellers_set_stock_ipad/?fp=16&fpid=1)

Power to the resellers!

tcn33
11th May 2010, 05:26 PM
New Wave emailed customers yesterday to say they'd be carrying it too.

asgr8
11th May 2010, 05:35 PM
Looks like Myer wont be stocking it on the launch day.

chaosboi
11th May 2010, 06:21 PM
Still waiting and hoping this JB HiFi placeholder page will be updated soon..

Apple iPad Tablet (http://www.jbhifi.com.au/computers/apple-ipad-tablet/)

SRG
11th May 2010, 06:27 PM
Hopefully also indicates they are lauching with a good number of unit's launch day, or you would think they would limit to Apple stores only.

chrism238
11th May 2010, 07:16 PM
... or you would think they would limit to Apple stores only.

That would only work in some cities.

glitch
11th May 2010, 08:55 PM
I am pretty sure that the 3G version will only be sold by premium resellers that have telco agencies also.

The article linked seems to be mainly unfounded speculation, Sims so far have had no indication from Apple that they will be able to stock/sell iPads now or at any time in the future.

canonafficionado
11th May 2010, 09:03 PM
As with JB being a stockist, Dick Smith have been saying that they intend getting it as quickly as possible too.

glacierdave
12th May 2010, 07:24 AM
Access to the iPad is restricted at launch to Apple stores, online and "selected premium resellers". I haven't seen a list of who those "premium resellers" are going to be.

At some indeterminate point in the future, it is expected that the iPad will be more generally available. Simms (who is a wholesale supplier), for example, don't have access to it at launch.

So, if you want it at launch, I'd be thinking Apple store or Apple web store.