PDA

View Full Version : Recommend me a keyboard/mouse combo

Phorte
10th May 2010, 01:58 PM
Hi guys,

I'm currently looking at the perfect (or close to) keyboard and mouse combination. AFAIK, when using a Windows keyboard, the Windows key becomes the command key?

Is it best to look at Mac only variants or across to Windows equipment too?

What are you using and how do you rate it?

My current PC setup is a Logitech wireless keyboard/mouse combo where the mouse has a cradle that recharges it every night. Keyboard battery lasts many, many months. This setup is going to my wife though and I was looking at something fancier for myself :)

Thanks in advance,
Linh

Balthazar
10th May 2010, 02:01 PM
Best Wireless Mouse i have ever owned... Logitech MX Revolution - Mouse - Wireless - RF (http://www.google.com/products/catalog?oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-GB:official&client=firefox-a&q=Logitech+MX+Revolution&um=1&ie=UTF-8&cid=14130715552572390302&ei=t4TnS6rDHpaXkQX7pIDBBg&sa=X&oi=product_catalog_result&ct=result&resnum=1&ved=0CBwQ8wIwAA#ps-sellers)

Got it at least 3 years ago and it is still going strong including the battery still lasting about a week before recharge.

Arkhum_Eramak
10th May 2010, 03:18 PM
I use a Logitech MX Revolution and an Apple aluminium wired keyboard (gotta have that numpad goodness, also I like the USB hub built into the keyboard).

As an alternative to the MX Revolution there's the newer 'dark' laser mouse that's virtually identical to the MX Revolution (with a heftier price tag! Wahoo!)

gehenna
10th May 2010, 03:21 PM
I'm using a Logitech VX Nano and I love it. Also using an Apple Wired Keyboard, love that too :)

Mickytk
10th May 2010, 03:32 PM
What about 3rd party alternative keyboards that still have all the apple keyboard functions? (cmd key in the right place, function key, volume, eject, etc etc...)

Sebastianmonty
10th May 2010, 07:57 PM
What about 3rd party alternative keyboards that still have all the apple keyboard functions? (cmd key in the right place, function key, volume, eject, etc etc...)

I only know of logitech that do this. Others may of course but I don't know this.

Phorte
10th May 2010, 08:48 PM
wow, thats unexpected (i guess). the combination i was actually thinking prior to posting up this thread was actually the Logitech MX Revolution and the Apple wired keyboard!! guess i was on the right path then :)

Balthazar
11th May 2010, 07:56 AM
The MX is the only mouse i have ever used that actually works on all surfaces (Not just claims to)

Only thing i have had trouble on is glass and glossy tables with no colour or texture at all.

Phorte
12th May 2010, 10:12 PM
HMM, anyone know the cheapest place atm to purchase the Apple Wired Keyboard?

edit: nevermind... looks like its just the apple au store ;)

Phorte
22nd May 2010, 11:05 AM
cheers for the recommendation everyone

currently typing on my new wired alum keyboard (still getting used to it but at least i can still touch type)

the MX revolution is an AMAZING mouse. the customisability of it is unbelievable. i love the clicking-freeflow of the scroll wheel. currently have the thumb wheel for expose/spaces and it works a treat!!!

highly recommended!