PDA

View Full Version : The order status, updates and delivery thread.

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

mitty
10th May 2010, 01:38 PM
Jumping the gun a bit here, but I figure we need a place to go on about the status of our ipad orders, any status updates and delivery progress.

My order is simply sitting at "Not yet shipped" and is going to be delivered by 28th of May, as I'm sure is the same for everyone.

Will this update over time? Or will it just sit like this until the moment it leaves the factory?

I seem to recall in the US the shipments themselves actually came from China, or is a few containers of ipads already on their way here to be distributed by Apple in Australia?

Could our ipads already be in the country???

And the big question: might we get it earlier than the 28th???

tcn33
10th May 2010, 01:56 PM
I seem to recall in the US the shipments themselves actually came from China, or is a few containers of ipads already on their way here to be distributed by Apple in Australia?

Could our ipads already be in the country???

Wifi iPads shipped to the US from Shenzhen, 3G iPads were already in the US when they shipped. Since they're both coming at the same time to AU, it's a safe bet it'll be one or the other (I'm tipping China).

aliens
10th May 2010, 02:02 PM
Terrible shortage in the States. Retailers are having to wait 3 weeks for more supply esp of the 3G. Could this delay our delivery?

nando
10th May 2010, 02:11 PM
Terrible shortage in the States. Retailers are having to wait 3 weeks for more supply esp of the 3G. Could this delay our delivery?

maybe there are delays cuz of the international commitment Apple has.
it will be very bad PR for them if they delay it again after ppl had already given money and its so widely broadcast that the ipad is coming on the 28th.

DaveOZ
10th May 2010, 03:09 PM
I'm betting they will be delivered on Thursday 27th so we have them "by May 28th".

supafly
10th May 2010, 03:14 PM
Wish they were already starting to mail out accessories....just ordered a case for the iPad I already have. Still sitting as "Not Shipped".

mitty
10th May 2010, 03:19 PM
^on the US store the shipping for the ipad case is 3-4 weeks! So us getting ours by the 28th seems about right, if we ordered one!

crankyfranky
10th May 2010, 03:33 PM
I'm hoping for a Thursday afternoon delivery... :)

Fedgrub
10th May 2010, 03:40 PM
Since when has Apple ever delivered anything earlier than the release day? I don't mean to rain on anyones parade but it doesn't make any sense.

And with "By May 28th", will most likely BE on May 28th, as Apple delivered all 3G iPad's accross USA on April 30. No one got it on the 29th... Well, except that one lucky dude that they fucked up on. haha

Mickytk
10th May 2010, 03:41 PM
They usually ship out the day before, right?

mitty
10th May 2010, 03:44 PM
For those that haven't had a recent delivery from Apple, they now send an SMS the morning of the day of delivery (well they did with my wireless keyboard) if you had a mobile number on your order. Of course it's also trackable via link you'll get via email.

nando
10th May 2010, 03:46 PM
so i ordered the ipad at around 5am this morning
this is the message i got
Ships: Delivers by May 28th

Then i decided that i needed another power supply cable i did this at around 9am
this is the message i got on that power supply cable
Ships: By May 28th

So...eh..can some one tell me whats the main difference?
from what i understand the iPad takes higher priority..and it sounds like by May 28 sounds when they are going to ship the power supply some time after or on the 28th?

Fedgrub
10th May 2010, 03:52 PM
Maybe its just a termanology difference, I'd just assume your power supply cable is coming on the 29th just to avoid disappointment.

Remy
10th May 2010, 04:19 PM
Here's what mine says:

IPAD WI-FI 64GB-AUS

IPAD DOCK-ZML

IPAD DOCK CONNECTOR TO VGA ADAPTER-ZML

IPAD CAMERA CONNECTION KIT

I imagine the accessories will arrive later than Friday, but Apple would want the iPads to ship out on the date they promised.

mitty
10th May 2010, 04:21 PM
^Which in itself is annoying... having to wait for a courier two or maybe three days in a row.

Personally I think any accessories I need I'll just wait til a reseller stocks em instead, it's not worth all the fiddling around. In the meantime I'm going to find a cheap case on ebay that will get me by until something classier comes along.

Stez
10th May 2010, 04:36 PM
What time are they usually delivered? Isn't it usually 7:30AM?

LOLcakes
10th May 2010, 05:14 PM
I ordered around 8:30 this morning yet I still haven't gotten a confirmation email should I be worried?

I got a shipment notification for a order I placed on sunday so my email is working.

svale
10th May 2010, 05:20 PM
What time are they usually delivered? Isn't it usually 7:30AM?

I wish. It'd be logistically amazing if they could have iPads on everyone's doorstep at 7:30 on the dot.

Anyway, they deliver during business hours. I've had stuff delivered in the afternoon before.

svale
10th May 2010, 05:22 PM
I ordered around 8:30 this morning yet I still haven't gotten a confirmation email should I be worried?

Maybe check your spam folder? But given the sheer number of pre-orders, there may be delays in getting them sent out. If you don't receive anything within the next 24 hours, the best thing you can do is contact Apple. You can also check your order status in the Apple Store account page. If you see it listed, then your order was received.

Stez
10th May 2010, 05:24 PM
I wish. It'd be logistically amazing if they could have iPads on everyone's doorstep at 7:30 on the dot.

Anyway, they deliver during business hours. I've had stuff delivered in the afternoon before.

Ahh k. I'd rather have it delivered at anytime later then 9AM otherwise there will be nobody there to pick it up and they'll probably have some stupid red form which I have to take to Australia post. But I ordered a $20 gift card which should be at the office in a few days and that'll give me a rough idea of when to expect this thing to be dropped off.

Stez
10th May 2010, 05:27 PM
I'm going to double-post because if I put this question too late into my first post nobody would bother reading it so anyways:

I looked at my account info page on Apple.com.au where you change your details and stuff, and I noticed a box to tick, saying that this is a business address and that goods can be left at reception. I wouldn't have ticked it normally because I usually ship to my house but I didn't see the option to change this when actually ordering. Do I give Apple a call to edit the order or will everything be fine?

LOLcakes
10th May 2010, 05:35 PM
Maybe check your spam folder? But given the sheer number of pre-orders, there may be delays in getting them sent out. If you don't receive anything within the next 24 hours, the best thing you can do is contact Apple. You can also check your order status in the Apple Store account page. If you see it listed, then your order was received.

Its listed in my order status so it should be all good. But will check with apple just in case.

jeffkirkland
10th May 2010, 05:38 PM
And the big question: might we get it earlier than the 28th???

You never know... in the U.S. it was brand new and Apple were going to great lengths to make sure nobody got one early. There's nothing to hide for the Oz launch so I'd not be surprised if Apple are more concerned about everyone actually getting theirs by the 28th and so ship to at least some areas slightly earlier.

kyte
10th May 2010, 05:41 PM

Ordered at 5am today, and still no email confirmation from Apple (but they were kind enough to NOTIFY ME this afternoon that the iPad is available to pre-order).

Apple Store has already earmarked the funds from my account, and I have a status on the item, but still, I'd like to have the email, just because.

Hopeful of a Friday delivery because I will be at home. Waiting.

VOOK
10th May 2010, 05:41 PM
I hope they pre ship them out a couple of days early to the regional depots with huge 'DO NOT DELIVER BEFORE MAY 28TH'. I've had street dated games with it before but the pickup date was a week before.

Least that's what I hope, otherwise if mine doesn't get here on the Friday I won't get to the Monday after. In WA :(

svale
10th May 2010, 05:43 PM
Ahh k. I'd rather have it delivered at anytime later then 9AM otherwise there will be nobody there to pick it up and they'll probably have some stupid red form which I have to take to Australia post. But I ordered a $20 gift card which should be at the office in a few days and that'll give me a rough idea of when to expect this thing to be dropped off.

Just bear in mind that unlike the gift cards, Apple usually uses TNT over Aus Post for hardware purchases.

hamusta
10th May 2010, 05:59 PM
I hope they pre ship them out a couple of days early to the regional depots with huge 'DO NOT DELIVER BEFORE MAY 28TH'. I've had street dated games with it before but the pickup date was a week before.

Least that's what I hope, otherwise if mine doesn't get here on the Friday I won't get to the Monday after. In WA :(

Im in Townsville, from past experiences people in regional and remote areas will get them on the Monday.

alvse
10th May 2010, 06:14 PM
Ordered mine... money has been taken out of the C'Card.... yay! Got it delivered to work, hopefully it'll be on time (on the 28th) to play with it over that weekend :D

nando
10th May 2010, 08:30 PM
yeap just check my visa debit balance and monies have been withdrawn! !!
and regarding

Ordered at 5am today, and still no email confirmation from Apple (but they were kind enough to NOTIFY ME this afternoon that the iPad is available to pre-order).

so u dont have an email that says as the subject

Apple Store Order Acknowledgment XXXXXXXX ??

LOLcakes
10th May 2010, 08:36 PM
Yep don't have one of those emails yet either =/ ordered at 8:30 am

yagankiely
11th May 2010, 02:13 AM
Since when has Apple ever delivered anything earlier than the release day? I don't mean to rain on anyones parade but it doesn't make any sense. I got Snow Leopard the day before most everyone else. Then watched as everyone complained about not getting it. Felt good.

Fedgrub
11th May 2010, 09:39 AM
I got Snow Leopard the day before most everyone else. Then watched as everyone complained about not getting it. Felt good.

LOL!

mitty
12th May 2010, 02:18 PM
Question: If it comes like an ipod or something, then it will no doubt ship from Sydney to its destination, and so we probably won't know until the day before that it's shipping.

There's a good chance however that it might come direct from China... if that's the case, how long prior will we get some kind of shipping notification? I'm guessing others have had stuff come direct from China before.

mitty
13th May 2010, 11:27 AM
Having a think about it, I think the main reason for them to delay shipping until the 28th is that will no doubt be the day the Australian appstore goes live (unless it happens sooner).

stevensr123
13th May 2010, 12:36 PM
I thought they only take your money out when it ships?

aliens
13th May 2010, 02:48 PM
needs to be signed for on delivery. I am getting mine delivered to work and have warned reception to sign for it and will also forward my work phone thru to my iphone just in case they try and contact me, Could be delivered any time. I have had other Apple stuff arrrive about 11am

grep
13th May 2010, 08:52 PM
When I ordered I had been considering taking the day off work for it to be delivered at home. Since I was uncertain about the actual delivery day I ended up deciding to have the iPad delivered to work.

Hopefully it will arrive when I am not in a meeting. Maybe I should block-out my schedule in outlook :D. Just realised I have an all-day meeting on 28th :( so hopefully it will be delivered before then :eek:. There are enough people at work keen to see the iPad that I think any meeting will be interrupted for access to my shiny new toy.

I don't plan to activate it until I get home. I think I will lock all the doors, switch off the phones and emerse myself in the iPad.

Apoptosis
13th May 2010, 09:17 PM
I totally haven't put the details into Consume and I'm not obsessively checking it already... *averts eyes*

mitty
13th May 2010, 09:23 PM
Realistically I doubt we'll see any movement until at least the weekend prior to the 28th (assuming it comes from China).

If it comes from within Australia, we may see nothing til the 27th.

GlossyMac
13th May 2010, 10:52 PM
Out of interest (for those who may have pre-ordered 2 iPad's to resell) are we able to re-ship them with Aus Post (they've changed their T&C's about batteries) or do we have to use a courier? Just thinking for the future!

-GlossyMac

cappuccino
14th May 2010, 05:36 AM
Order Date: 14/05/2010 at 04:18 AM JST
Ships: By June 7th

:(

I imagine calling them wont help lol.

interfreak
14th May 2010, 07:27 AM
Im in Townsville, from past experiences people in regional and remote areas will get them on the Monday.

Hey I'm in Townsville to! (Belgian Gardens). When I had Snow Leopard delivered, it arrived the morning that it was launched. Hopefully iPad (and it's accessories) are the same!

DJY
14th May 2010, 12:25 PM
Registered in store - Apple Florida Mall 11 May 10
Email notification it had arrived came through today - so naturally as soon as Id finished work I raced over to pick it up!!!!!!!!!

13 May - two days after ordering it - Im playing on my 64GB 3G iPad!!!!!

Leopard
14th May 2010, 12:36 PM
Hows the supply over their in the states? Have been reading they are a bit thin on the ground.

DJY
14th May 2010, 12:43 PM
Supply over here is gone mostly I think.
Have friends also in various locations visiting - and it seems all or most stores sold out - but allow you to register inshore to order one. Seems only to take a couple of days to get them in still - so that is pretty good i think!!

Leopard
14th May 2010, 12:59 PM
Yeah thats good.Hope u r enjoying your new toy.....2 Weeks to go here.

Apoptosis
16th May 2010, 11:11 PM
Just noticed that until the maintenance period this weekend for order info on the Apple Store my credit card had the amount for my iPad 'reserved'.

I just checked my account now and the available funds has gone back up x to x+iPad price.

Order status hasn't changed, still says ships by 28th May. But just strange that they seem to have cancelled their pre-authorization on the transaction...

Thrymr
16th May 2010, 11:40 PM
Just noticed that until the maintenance period this weekend for order info on the Apple Store my credit card had the amount for my iPad 'reserved'.

I just checked my account now and the available funds has gone back up x to x+iPad price.

It's merely coincidental that it occurred during the maintenance period.

Order status hasn't changed, still says ships by 28th May. But just strange that they seem to have cancelled their pre-authorization on the transaction...

They haven't "cancelled" anything per se. This is how authorisation holds work. They simply allow the acquirer to verify the card number supplied and the availability of the amount charged. After a number of days, either the transaction will complete and the amount will be deducted, or the hold will fall off as is the case with our pre-orders. When the iPads start shipping, you can fully expect Apple to charge you that same amount and for the transaction to complete after a couple of days.

Apoptosis
16th May 2010, 11:53 PM
It's merely coincidental that it occurred during the maintenance period.

They haven't "cancelled" anything per se. This is how authorisation holds work. They simply allow the acquirer to verify the card number supplied and the availability of the amount charged. After a number of days, either the transaction will complete and the amount will be deducted, or the hold will fall off as is the case with our pre-orders. When the iPads start shipping, you can fully expect Apple to charge you that same amount and for the transaction to complete after a couple of days.

Ah, ok. I didn't know authorisation holds worked like that, hell, I didn't even know they could be done till Apple did it this time :) Thanks for clearing that up. Also, I kinda did assume it was coincidental timing.

Cheers

SLY
17th May 2010, 01:17 AM
http://tickers.livingchaos.co.uk/tickers/image/gevent/11/40/2010-5-28/-31434/366/SXBhZCBkZWxpdmVyeQ.jpg

resonance
17th May 2010, 12:03 PM
So are people's credit cards being charged? Cause mine hasn't, my order says a 28th delivery.

mitty
17th May 2010, 12:24 PM
Mine has not been charged but there is an outstanding authorisation. Whether this stays until the 28th or not I have no idea.

VOOK
17th May 2010, 01:32 PM
My bank says there is $1 charge on it, that's about it.

nando
17th May 2010, 02:04 PM
Apple just locks that money.. its safer and easier that way..just in case the iPads dont get delivered..or we decide to cancel the order..they dont have to go to their system to send us the money back..
now am suspecting also that once the iPads get shipped or just prior to them being shipped our Cr amounts will be widthdrawn

Tzortst
17th May 2010, 04:00 PM
Apple just locks that money.. its safer and easier that way..just in case the iPads dont get delivered..or we decide to cancel the order..they dont have to go to their system to send us the money back..
now am suspecting also that once the iPads get shipped or just prior to them being shipped our Cr amounts will be widthdrawn

Still takes a few days for money to be cleared in account, I canceled my order on thursday and still haven't had the fund released so I can make another order

iJohn
17th May 2010, 05:25 PM
Mine has not been charged but there is an outstanding authorisation. Whether this stays until the 28th or not I have no idea.

x2.. I think they will wait to the 28th

maclab
17th May 2010, 05:28 PM
I think they took $700 deposit for mine, delivery 28th, 64GB 3G

LithgowLights
17th May 2010, 05:52 PM
x2.. I think they will wait to the 28th

I think a day or two earlier. Probably Tuesday or Wednesday next week we will start seeing action on accounts. They have to ensure they get the $ before they ship out on the Wednesday or Thursday to get to us Friday

nando
17th May 2010, 08:10 PM
Still takes a few days for money to be cleared in account, I canceled my order on thursday and still haven't had the fund released so I can make another order
true...is like when you leave a hotel..u know how they hold some security money? well is the same thing.. they are very quick to lock it..but slow to 'unlock it'

nando
19th May 2010, 08:18 AM
has anyone checjed their credit cards?
mine now says that the amount locked is not locked anymore..
but Apple has yet to retrieve money from it?
but my order still stands..(ie i have a schedule ipad for delivery on the 28th)
interesting to see what will happen in a couple of days...
so do you guys still have that money locked? i dont have it locked anymore but apple has yet to take the money?!?!?

nando
19th May 2010, 08:27 AM
just rang apple and yea all is fine..ipad due to ship to my address on the 28th..
but wondering whats going on in terms of the money locked and no longer locked..when will apple take my money for good?
the lady told me..once the item is shipped...oh well...hoping all is good :D

alvse
19th May 2010, 11:51 AM
Thank goodness Apple set it's prices last week... before the big drop in the aussie dollar (which is now at 85c). Wouldn't be too much of a difference, just $20 to the base model. But still... that's $20 one could spend on apps... lol

If the dollar continues to drop, would Apple adjust the price? or take a hit? I guess they would have enough margin in their pricing to account for such fluctuations.

Maybe ebay iPads will go from Australia to US instead of US to Australia... lol

asgr8
19th May 2010, 12:08 PM
so do you guys still have that money locked? i dont have it locked anymore but apple has yet to take the money?!?!?

Same thing happened to my account. Money was locked for a few days and now its available but order still says ships by 28th.

nando
19th May 2010, 12:19 PM
so i guess is all good then...
:D
maybe they are ready for shipment..
i guess it was locked cuz u had 10 days to cancel ur order??

tupps
19th May 2010, 12:49 PM
If the dollar continues to drop, would Apple adjust the price? or take a hit? I guess they would have enough margin in their pricing to account for such fluctuations.

Maybe ebay iPads will go from Australia to US instead of US to Australia... lol

I would guess that Apple hedges there currency transactions. Basically they pay a company a premium over the current price for US-AU exchange and that price is held for a certain period of time. That way Apple is taking the risk on the currency, some other company is (probably a bank).

Thrymr
19th May 2010, 01:34 PM

This (http://forums.mactalk.com.au/57/84904-order-status-updates-delivery-thread-3.html#post971325) should answer your question.

nando
19th May 2010, 05:21 PM
Cool thanks

mitty
19th May 2010, 10:49 PM
My order on a Wizard card is still "held". My other halfs order is on a St George card and that is no longer "held". I think it obviously depends on your bank/Card provider how it works.

kyte
20th May 2010, 05:29 AM
Mine is still held. I'm pretty sure my bank holds until paid, regardless of when the request goes in.

nando
20th May 2010, 07:58 AM
Maybe because mine is a visa debit card and not a real credit card

kyte
20th May 2010, 09:29 AM
Maybe because mine is a visa debit card and not a real credit card

Thats all mine is :) I think it depends on the actual financial institution

standinside
20th May 2010, 11:23 AM
Hi,

Im not sure where i read that in the morning of delivery, a SMS will be sent and if its was unsuccessful then a sms/email will be sent?

Just wondering cus I dont know where they will get my mobile number from as under account there is only landline to fill in

Thanks

mitty
20th May 2010, 11:54 AM
If you have a mobile number registered on your Apple ID then you'll get the SMS. If you don't, then sadly you won't. You might be able to log in to your account and enter a mobile number if you like, though not sure if that would apply to current orders or only future orders. Maybe give Apple a ring if it worries you.

maclab
21st May 2010, 11:44 AM
Ok, its now only 7 days but these 7 days are going to be longer than the last month delays :mad:

I thought we could share ideas on how we plan to use the ipad. For me, I am planning to replace my MBP with it, as I have an iMac as well and all I use the MBP for is to make appointments for my clients and surf the web while on the coach.

I am also a big fan of air video app, I have a server set up with all my media content I have found myself watching movies on my iphone now more than on my TV, and it also works great over 3G even for my HD movies which could be a 10GIG file, but of course I wouldn't watch a movie over 3G, I'm just astonished that it can.

So the ipad for me will become my portable office, and I will use it to keep notes and a personal and research Diary. I also hope to be able to get many text books in their in the field that I work so I can have them at hand.

:cool:

kungfucamel
21st May 2010, 01:08 PM
will be good for me on the bus now that I am living the suburbs. Comics, web surfing and ebook reading will most likely be my main uses - probably watching Modern Family and anime as well maybe.

EZYHD
21st May 2010, 01:12 PM
Me too, sold my Macbookpro last week to a friend, need this for traveling grabbing emails mainly & casual use around the house, nothing much other than that, have 2 big iMacs as well.

Rust
21st May 2010, 01:34 PM
will be good for me on the bus now that I am living the suburbs. Comics, web surfing and ebook reading will most likely be my main uses - probably watching Modern Family and anime as well maybe.

I can confirm Death Note and Wolverine comics look great on the device :)

Zanorath
21st May 2010, 05:15 PM
I was just thinking; in my iPad order email, it says the iPad arrives by the 28th as we already know, but my Apple case and VGA adaptor say they 'ship' by the 28th…. Does this mean they aren't going to be here on the 28th? Cos it is going to be a PITA if the case isn't here with the iPad. Anyone know what happened in the US?

svale
21st May 2010, 05:38 PM
Just spotted this via WP.

My iPad is now Prepared for Shipment on Flickr - Photo Sharing! (http://www.flickr.com/photos/aviationphotos/4626420972/)

My 64GB 3G preorder still says "Not yet shipped". Anyone here received any shipping updates?

Bogus Jimmy
21st May 2010, 05:45 PM
Not yet shipped.

Apoptosis
21st May 2010, 05:49 PM
Not yet shipped.

+1 But who knows... In the back of my mind I hold onto (irrational) hope that the "By 28th May" means it could be any time from now till then ;)

sIMMO
21st May 2010, 05:52 PM
"Prepared for Shipment" for me as well. It is going to be a long week.

iJohn
21st May 2010, 05:54 PM
+1 But who knows... In the back of my mind I hold onto (irrational) hope that the "By 28th May" means it could be any time from now till then ;)

+2..... Can't wait going take forever this week to pass

iJohn
21st May 2010, 05:55 PM
Yeah i think 28th. Even in apple store on the 28th i reckon they will have selected accessories

MrJesseRoss
21st May 2010, 06:03 PM
Mine's prepared for shipment as well. How exciting!

Apoptosis
21st May 2010, 06:04 PM
Goddamnit. Now i'm going to be obsessively checking it from now till friday :(

LithgowLights
21st May 2010, 06:21 PM
Yeah same here. Might have to add the site to my iPhone favourites and check every hr or so lol

Kievmeister
21st May 2010, 06:26 PM
Yes! Both the iPad and Camera Kit are under Prepared for shipment whilst the AP is Not Yet Shipped. I'm getting restless. Been popping into the iPad thread more often than I should.

sillydog701
21st May 2010, 06:27 PM
Not the iPad, but the dock and Camera Connection Kit are.

jeffkirkland
21st May 2010, 06:31 PM
You might check the iTunes app store as well. Apparently the iPad store is active in some countries already. I'm fairly sure the iPads won't ship before the app store is updated to support them.

Once that happens... well, who knows.

Stez
21st May 2010, 06:48 PM
Still on not yet shipped. Ordered at 7AM on May 10th.

MrJesseRoss
21st May 2010, 07:04 PM
You might check the iTunes app store as well. Apparently the iPad store is active in some countries already. I'm fairly sure the iPads won't ship before the app store is updated to support them.

Once that happens... well, who knows.

http://forums.mactalk.com.au/57/85462-app-store-now-loading-australian-accounts.html

http://forums.mactalk.com.au/57/85463-au-ibookstore-up.html

:)

Remy
21st May 2010, 07:06 PM
My 64GB Wi-Fi is 'prepared for shipment'... oh the excitement!

ZacDavies
21st May 2010, 07:09 PM
http://img.skitch.com/20100521-ppaq2judamt2f94s28nj12wesq.jpg

nando
21st May 2010, 07:17 PM
yes same here..
prepared for Shipment
Product Qty.
IPAD WI-FI 16GB-AUS
YEY :D.. and my other

Not yet shipped
Product Qty.
IPAD 10W USB POWER ADAPTER-AUS

yey :) so the journey has begun,,!

nando
21st May 2010, 07:20 PM
wondering how many steps are there....
prepare..ready,..... goooooo..... from china?

bed
21st May 2010, 07:32 PM
#1 - development
#2 - lounge room net enabled thing. Like I use my iPhone while watching tv
#3 - finally I can start to read comics electronically. Until now I don't want to read them sitting in front of a computer, and iPhone screen is too small
#4 - travel device for movies and camera photo storage instead of laptop.

bed
21st May 2010, 07:33 PM
mine is prepared for shipment too! eeeeee.

Thrymr
21st May 2010, 07:38 PM
Yeah same here. Might have to add the site to my iPhone favourites and check every hr or so lol

Or you could set up Delivery Status (http://junecloud.com/) and have push notifications sent to your iPhone. Beats refreshing every hour. :)

kyte
21st May 2010, 07:39 PM
#2 - lounge room net enabled thing. Like I use my iPhone while watching tv

Likewise, plus reading anywhere anytime, and games. Oh yeah and web cruising as required, bought a VBB mifi today from DSE for use outside the home.

LithgowLights
21st May 2010, 07:46 PM
Or you could set up Delivery Status (http://junecloud.com/) and have push notifications sent to your iPhone. Beats refreshing every hour. :)

"You’ll need Delivery Status 5.0 or later installed on your Mac. " Since I dont use my Mac at all, I'll have to pass, but for those who do, this might be a great idea :)

MrJesseRoss
21st May 2010, 08:00 PM
"You’ll need Delivery Status 5.0 or later installed on your Mac. " Since I dont use my Mac at all, I'll have to pass, but for those who do, this might be a great idea :)

You don't need to install anything on your Mac. It's all set up on the iPhone.

Joey1983
21st May 2010, 08:03 PM
Mine's "Not yet shipped"

Can you guys tell if Apple's taken the money from your account yet?

Zanorath
21st May 2010, 08:13 PM
Is it just Wifi models that are prepared for shipment so far? My 32Gb Wifi + 3G one ordered at 6am on the 10th hasn't changed yet.

Kievmeister
21st May 2010, 08:14 PM
Mine's "Not yet shipped"

Can you guys tell if Apple's taken the money from your account yet?

Nope. Nothing taken out of mine yet. In fact they never placed any hold on my account. I have bought many things from Apple on that card so maybe they did not need to?

Mine is the 64GB 3G which I ordered sometime around 7.30am on the 10th.

bed
21st May 2010, 08:15 PM

nice - I'm happy with their dashboard widget!

Joey1983
21st May 2010, 08:16 PM
Is it just Wifi models that are prepared for shipment so far? My 32Gb Wifi + 3G one ordered at 6am on the 10th hasn't changed yet.

That could be it, mine's a 3G and hasn't changed.
Are you guys that are showing "Prepared for shipment" waiting on 3G or Wi-Fi models?

nando
21st May 2010, 08:22 PM
That could be it, mine's a 3G and hasn't changed.
Are you guys that are showing "Prepared for shipment" waiting on 3G or Wi-Fi models?

mine a wifi and yea prepared for shipment and ordered on the 10th at 5:am

mrsmac62
21st May 2010, 08:27 PM
Mine was ordered on the 10th but when I go into my shipment notice it tells me it was ordered on the 9th, so my 32g wifi is obviously coming from overseas.

MrJesseRoss
21st May 2010, 08:41 PM
Mine's a 3G. I don't think it has anything to do with different models at all.

mrsmac62
21st May 2010, 08:46 PM
someone said earlier the ibookshop was open in itunes, but I can't see it, i have access to all the ipad apps though, does anyone know if there is a special way to get to the bookshop

Cassy
21st May 2010, 08:46 PM
My wifi ipads are prepared for shipment :D

Joey1983
21st May 2010, 08:47 PM
Mine's a 3G. I don't think it has anything to do with different models at all.

Clearly not then.

lukemc
21st May 2010, 09:00 PM
i made 3 separate orders, i wifi 16GB prepared for shipment, 1 32GB 3G no change

Camera connection kit, extra power-pack and dock. also prepared for shipment on a separate order

nando
21st May 2010, 09:01 PM
miss read ur thread !

mitty
21st May 2010, 10:49 PM
Maybe it's being done in alphabetical order or something.

Still "not yet shipped" here, for both my 64GB 3G and the ipad case.

Is anyone's ipad case anything other than "not yet shipped"?

Zanorath
21st May 2010, 10:56 PM
My 32GB 3G, Apple Case, and VGA adaptor have all just switched over to 'Prepared for shipment.'

kungfucamel
21st May 2010, 11:00 PM
my 64gb + 3G and iPad dock are now both prepared for shipment. Earlier tonight when I checked, only the dock was prepared. Hopefully this will arrive on time and not get stuffed up like the other 3 different parcels I have been waiting for from various vendors...

Cassy
21st May 2010, 11:11 PM
Hmm... while my ipad is prepared for shipment, my dock still says 'not yet shipped'

kungfucamel
21st May 2010, 11:15 PM
looks like apple have charged my credit card as well.

VOOK
21st May 2010, 11:26 PM
All my accesories just went 'Prepared for Shipment', that's a dock, keyboard dock, case and camera kit. iPad 32G+3G still no movement.

Last name starts with a V if that helps.

LithgowLights
21st May 2010, 11:41 PM
All my accesories just went 'Prepared for Shipment', that's a dock, keyboard dock, case and camera kit. iPad 32G+3G still no movement.

Last name starts with a V if that helps.

R here, but I ordered at 6pm on the 10th, so I think that might be the issue here. No change on status here

Apoptosis
21st May 2010, 11:42 PM
R here, but I ordered at 6pm on the 10th, so I think that might be the issue here. No change on status here

No change here either. Gay. I WANT MY IPAD lol.

mitty
21st May 2010, 11:48 PM
I doubt there's any rhyme or reason. There's probably a big pile of the things and some poor schmo is going through em scanning em with a barcode reader :)

Dust For Eyes
21st May 2010, 11:49 PM
Still, 'Not yet shipped,' for me.

With this story floating around (http://www.appleinsider.com/articles/10/05/21/ipad_3g_remains_completely_sold_out_at_us_apple_re tail_stores.html) I'm just hoping my delivery date stays at 28 May.

gamblor
21st May 2010, 11:56 PM
16GB WiFi + 3G, no accessories, still Not Yet Shipped and CC not charged.

Remember, this is a mammoth task. A big, fat pile of iPads probably arrived and they opened one box that said "iPad 32GB WiFi" or whatever and started processing those. It is surprising that this is happening a good 8 days before release - in the US, this happened 2-3 days before release. With the App Store and iBookstore going live early, I think Apple is perhaps anticipating an early arrival or at least acknowledging that some people already have an iPad. Its not like anyone broke the law by purchasing them overseas.

I wonder were Apple's warehouse in Sydney is located and why no one as ever thought to put it under surveillance ahead of product launches.

VOOK
22nd May 2010, 12:16 AM
Wouldn't they just be shipping straight out of China?

CLP
22nd May 2010, 12:16 AM
Just checked my order status...

iPad 64GB 3G + Wifi - No Change
Apple Care - No Change

Case, Dock & Camera Connection Kit - Ready for Shipment

Still no charge on the credit card.

svale
22nd May 2010, 01:05 AM
My 64GB 3G is still not yet shipped.

Anyway, this lucky bastard must be the most hated guy outside the US at the moment.

UK order updated today 21st to SHIPPED!! - Mac Forums (http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=920057)

kyte
22nd May 2010, 06:36 AM
the most hated guy

What? Hate someone just because their iPad moved to the next stage? *shakes head*

Mine is still at Prepared for Shipment, its 16G wifi only, and for those fretting over whether its because their name comes way down the alphabet, its not, I'm a W. It makes no difference. I suspect they are just doing it in order in each country, allowing for supplies being available.

Kinda glad I didn't order a 3G, bought a VBB mifi yesterday and will activate that after the iPad arrives.

Mick4680
22nd May 2010, 06:43 AM
All my accessories prepared for shipment not my Ipad (not yet shipped) what the use of one without the other ordered mine 10th May 4.28am:kiss:

Mick

svale
22nd May 2010, 07:01 AM
What? Hate someone just because their iPad moved to the next stage? *shakes head*

It was said with a whole lotta sarcasm

kyte
22nd May 2010, 07:31 AM
It was said with a whole lotta sarcasm

There's an emoticon for that :)

mitty
22nd May 2010, 07:36 AM
Still not shipped here. Sad panda.

aswitcher
22nd May 2010, 07:42 AM
I ordered 64 GB 3G GPS Model at 4:58 the morning of release. My accessories are prepared my iPad is not.

mitty
22nd May 2010, 08:01 AM
I wonder does china work on the weekend? Otherwise we may see no further updates til Monday.

mrsmac62
22nd May 2010, 08:22 AM
All my stuff is prepared for shipment but no movement on my visa :(

iphonedev
22nd May 2010, 08:57 AM
I ordered 64 GB 3G GPS Model at 4:58 the morning of release. My accessories are prepared my iPad is not.

same here

mitty
22nd May 2010, 09:03 AM
I ordered my case on the 11th, my ipad on the 10th at about 6.40AM, but the orders were completely separate.

gumby08
22nd May 2010, 09:05 AM
Still not shipped here either (16GB 3G). WAAAAHHHH

bobsky
22nd May 2010, 09:07 AM

I ordered 5:10am on the 10th : 64GB wifi+3G plus camera kit, dock and apple care.

All prepared for shipment. If they want some space in the warehouse, they can send mine through if they wish. :rolleyes: I wouldn't complain if it came early.

mitty
22nd May 2010, 09:33 AM
Assuming they continue working over the weekend, it's currently 7:30AM in Shenzhen. So if they're just getting to work we might see more progress soon for those of us who have had no joy so far. And if they don't work at weekends, well we may see nothing til Monday morning.

Stez
22nd May 2010, 09:46 AM
Had a look at mine right before I went to bed and it got put on prepared for shipment. Awesome. I ordered the 32GB 3G model at 6:30AM. Heres hoping they come early!

mrsmac62
22nd May 2010, 09:47 AM
I would think Apple would have them working around the clock to get supplies going, especially with the backlog in the states, they wouldn't want the same thing happening here I imagine.:laugh:

daedalus
22nd May 2010, 09:48 AM
Ordered a Wi-Fi + 3G and a dock at 7 AM on the 12th - mine's prepared for shipment!

iJohn
22nd May 2010, 09:50 AM
Mines changed in the last 12 hours to now prepared for shipment

mitty
22nd May 2010, 09:55 AM
Grrr... how can people who ordered on the frakking 12th be prepared, and me who got up at 6.00 AM on the 10th still be waiting? There's no justice.

Stez
22nd May 2010, 09:58 AM
Grrr... how can people who ordered on the frakking 12th be prepared, and me who got up at 6.00 AM on the 10th still be waiting? There's no justice.

That's just how it works, theres nothing to freak about it's just a device. Yeah it's cool and all but seriously if your losing it over your iPad not being ''prepared for shipment'' then you need to take a look at yourself.

mitty
22nd May 2010, 09:59 AM
I possibly should have added a ;) to that post.

hazza1981
22nd May 2010, 09:59 AM
I wonder if the ones that are being prepared for shipment are going to a particular area in Australia?

It doesn't seem to be by time ordered or type, so just a thought.

I ordered a 64GB 3G at about 5.30am on 10th and it's still not changed status, and I'm in Sydney city.

mrsmac62
22nd May 2010, 10:03 AM
i ordered at 7.30am on the 10th and I'm in rural victoria, mine is also prepared for shipment so I don't think its a location thing.

Stez
22nd May 2010, 10:06 AM
It's to do with the model ordered. A 64GB 3G being the most popular model ordered because of the geeks up at 6:30 who will buy the best model, therefore expect a longer queue if you ordered one of the most popular models (see reference to that other poll).

mitty
22nd May 2010, 10:14 AM
I've seen several examples of 64gb 3g being "prepared" already here and on other threads around the place (Whirlpool, Macrumors). I really don't think it's anything to do with any particular variable involved... I reckon it's just random. If there was some obvious pattern we'd have already seen it. Though it does appear the UK is getting worked on first by the Macrumors thread, possibly because those ipads have the furthest to travel.

chrisede
22nd May 2010, 10:28 AM
woohoo.... 64GB + 3G has been paid for and prepared

jeffkirkland
22nd May 2010, 10:37 AM
I have two ipads in the same order. The 32gb WiFi is prepared for shipping but the 16gb WiFi is still "not yet shipped". On a separate order, my VGA connector is prepared to ship but my case and camera connector aren't.

I guess everything's being shipped individually so it's just a matter of waiting until they get around to packing that particular part of the order.

Apple have also only taken payment for the one iPad and VGA connector out of my account so I guess that'll happen on an individual basis as things are packed as well.

Masqeurain3
22nd May 2010, 10:41 AM
O_o just logged into the apple store to check my order... 64GB WiFi + 3G iPad is apparently "Shipped". Does this mean I will get it early? Also, does anyone know if you can actually buy the 3G micro-sims yet?

jeffkirkland
22nd May 2010, 11:06 AM
As soon as I see shipped on mine, I'm taking the rest of the week off work. Couldn't concentrate on other stuff if there's an iPad on its way... :)

Joey1983
22nd May 2010, 11:10 AM
O_o just logged into the apple store to check my order... 64GB WiFi + 3G iPad is apparently "Shipped". Does this mean I will get it early? Also, does anyone know if you can actually buy the 3G micro-sims yet?

Do you have a tracking number yet?

maclab
22nd May 2010, 11:17 AM
64GB 3G prepared for shipment, ordered on the 11th

Masqeurain3
22nd May 2010, 11:22 AM
All I have is this when I log-in to my apple store account.

http://i46.tinypic.com/30mmzj8.png

Mick4680
22nd May 2010, 11:44 AM
I Ordered an Imac 24" never did get an SMS on day of delivery I think it depends on the local carrier used as my son did when he bought his 27" IMac

Mick:cool:

Kievmeister
22nd May 2010, 11:44 AM

I've just picked up (http://forums.mactalk.com.au/57/84824-telstra-announces-data-plans-ipad-3g-11.html#post973931) my Micro-Sim from the T-Life Store.

waynie
22nd May 2010, 12:40 PM
My order status has been updated too, although only the accessories are 'prepared for shipment'.

http://img.skitch.com/20100522-wkr6m7wn8pkg684653f4rf8t7.jpg

jobsta
22nd May 2010, 01:04 PM
Firstly sorry for not doing a proper intro etc for a first post but I'll get to that in future posts.

I just want to add here that I wish apple would bloody take my money. My bank account is always on a knifes edge (and is especially so at the moment thanks to a crook of an Ebay buyer) and I made sure that there was enough money at the time of ordering to place the order and at this point there still is. I live in fear of spending too much though and there not being enough in it when they do decide to take it. If that is the case and they cancel it I shall be insanely angry!! They haven't done an authorisation on my debit card either.

On the other issue my 16gb wifi + 3G is still listed as not yet shipped.

mitty
22nd May 2010, 01:06 PM
Welcome to Mactalk Jobsta. Yep, it appears that there have been a few annoyances for people with Debit cards. The system in relation to those could obviously do with some work. It would really be better if apple just took your money at the time you placed the order, then it's done and you don't need to worry.

chrisede
22nd May 2010, 01:47 PM
I've actually saved more money lately, knowing I needed the cash in there for my ipad. So I'm glad that Apple have only just taken my money today....

DeanCorp
22nd May 2010, 01:49 PM
iPad Camera Connector - Prepared for Shipment.

sillydog701
22nd May 2010, 01:51 PM
My order status has been updated too, although only the accessories are 'prepared for shipment'.

http://img.skitch.com/20100522-wkr6m7wn8pkg684653f4rf8t7.jpg

And looks like your AppleCare protection plan did not arrive on time.

ZacDavies
22nd May 2010, 02:23 PM
http://img.skitch.com/20100521-ppaq2judamt2f94s28nj12wesq.jpg

Looks like one of my items was upgraded overnight

http://img.skitch.com/20100522-9x7a1b9dxirhum6eck8dps5w.jpg

amstrad_mac
22nd May 2010, 07:33 PM
ffs i ordered the 3G 16GB at 5.09am on 10th and its not yet 'shipped' as of now.

jeez.. if i knew ordering early makes no difference i would've had some extra sleep - bastards!

I'm going to be paranoid if it hasn't gone into 'prepared' by the morning..

SLY
22nd May 2010, 07:47 PM
Mine has upadates as well... I ordered 4.38am 10/5/10

http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/6218/orders.jpg (http://img405.imageshack.us/i/orders.jpg/)
Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us)

Leopard
22nd May 2010, 07:52 PM
Apple remembered you were the last one to get i7,so
maybe you last one to get iPad....

smilne360
22nd May 2010, 08:08 PM
Prep for Ship- Dock

Not yet shipped- iPad, Camera connection kit,case, VGA adapter.

guess i can use the dock for my iPhone until iPad arrives?

PCKid
22nd May 2010, 08:53 PM
Mine has changed from Delivered by 28th. to Delivered by Friday

GlossyMac
22nd May 2010, 09:03 PM
Has anyone's account been debited? The account I had my iPad money in seems to have taken quite a hit..

Stez
22nd May 2010, 09:30 PM

lol, mine still says 28th. Many people over at MacRumours are getting their iPads shipped but I think it's just UK for now. Can anybody confirm that they're order status has changed since the start of the day? Hopefully they will still ship iPads on the weekend...

nando
22nd May 2010, 09:45 PM

if i use the delivery JUne cloud Delivery status widget..it says deliver by friday...
if i go to the apple store..it says the 28th
lol i guess its the same thing! :D

gamblor
22nd May 2010, 09:49 PM
Looks like the WiFi + 3G 16GB's are the only ones not being prepared for shipment yet. No one, on MacRumors or here, who has one of them ordered has seen a change in status yet as far as I can see.

Maybe they are the most popular model?

amstrad_mac
22nd May 2010, 10:12 PM
Some guy in the whirlpool forum has the prep on his 16gb 3G.

SLY
22nd May 2010, 10:20 PM
Who's going to be the first to post their Australian shipment has arrived I wonder??? I have contacted the lady who does our local TNT deliveries and offered her a little incentive to call me when my parcel arrives so I can shoot up and gran it, she gets her TNT delivery every day at 7:20am ish - hanging

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jude
22nd May 2010, 10:33 PM
Looks like the WiFi + 3G 16GB's are the only ones not being prepared for shipment yet. No one, on MacRumors or here, who has one of them ordered has seen a change in status yet as far as I can see.

Maybe they are the most popular model?

Glad I read this - was wondering about my order. I have a 16 gig wifi and 16 gig wifi 3G ordered and only the 16 gig wifi is prepared for shipping the other shows no change.

MrJesseRoss
22nd May 2010, 10:38 PM
Except that's not the case. My iPad is a 16GB 3G model and it's prepared for shipment. There's no known pattern at the moment.

Apoptosis
22nd May 2010, 11:22 PM
Im still not prepared for shipping :(( C'mon! I want mine!!!!

jobsta
22nd May 2010, 11:54 PM
Welcome to Mactalk Jobsta. Yep, it appears that there have been a few annoyances for people with Debit cards. The system in relation to those could obviously do with some work. It would really be better if apple just took your money at the time you placed the order, then it's done and you don't need to worry.

Cheers mate :)

Still no change to my order at all. I'll be calling Apple if there has been no change by Monday.

antzzz
23rd May 2010, 12:29 AM
Ok, so I'm showing as 'prepared for shipment' - but the hold came off my credit card a few days ago - when can I expect Apple to take the cash out?

jonathanpoh
23rd May 2010, 12:33 AM
iPad Camera Connector - Prepared for Shipment.

Same for me too, though the iPad itself and the iPad dock i've ordered are both still 'Not Yet Shipped'

jonathanpoh
23rd May 2010, 12:37 AM
I really don't think it's anything to do with any particular variable involved... I reckon it's just random. If there was some obvious pattern we'd have already seen it.

Maybe they are going by alphabetical order, or date of birth, or CC expiry date? :P

GlossyMac
23rd May 2010, 12:59 AM
Mine has "Prepared For Shipment".
Guess that explains the money withdrawn for my account.
Cannot wait for it to arrive.

-GlossyMac

jobsta
23rd May 2010, 02:28 AM
Someone on Whirlpool said that they have 'just' had the money taken and status changed. I'm not sure what they mean by 'just' though but if they meant that it had really happened withing the last few hours it means they are working through the night which would be awesome.

Mick4680
23rd May 2010, 06:55 AM
My My there does not seem to be any pattern to Apples "Prepared for Shipment" I ordered mine on 10th @ 3.28am all the accessories are prepared for shipment not my 16g 3G unless the "type" of iPad is the issue?

It would be interesting to have a look via a pole which are prepared for shipment

Mick:D

amstrad_mac
23rd May 2010, 07:35 AM
Sigh still at 'not yet shipped' this morning

Quasar
23rd May 2010, 08:52 AM
Im still not prepared for shipping :(( C'mon! I want mine!!!!

Same here. And my order was just for a 16gb wifi model pretty early on the first day.

mitty
23rd May 2010, 08:56 AM
I've been reading a similar thread on Macrumors, where it appears to be mostly UK posters saying that many have been "shipped". I'd say they're mostly working through the UK orders first (because it's further from China, not to mention dealing with volcanic dustclouds etc).

Hopefully some of us see movement today, or definitely tomorrow :)

fuzzykeeghan
23rd May 2010, 08:57 AM
My 2 64GB 3Gs are sitting as "not yet shipped"

leharicot
23rd May 2010, 12:09 PM
32GB WI-FI prepared for shipment here. ordered AM on the 10th. delivery address is sydney CBD

grep
23rd May 2010, 12:13 PM
My WiFi + 3G 16GB is showing as not yet shipped along with the iPad Dock.

I have the camera connection kit and a second USB power adapter showing as prepared for shipping.

I placed my order at 5:30am on Monday 10 May.

I'm in Sydney. I wonder if they are preparing iPads in regional postcodes first ... given that there is an extra day or so of shipping once it hits our shores.

Apoptosis
23rd May 2010, 12:24 PM
Going insane waiting for a change in shipping status. Brisbane metro.

semaja2
23rd May 2010, 01:15 PM
No change on my iPad status, but my iPad VGA adapter is prepared for shipping, the case and dock since i ordered way late wont come until june ><

Terryible
23rd May 2010, 01:26 PM
My 32gb Wi-fi is prepared for shipment, whereas my camera connection isn't.

I order it on the morning of the 11th

boogie
23rd May 2010, 02:21 PM
32Gig wifi ordered 10th p.m still no change from "not yet shipped"

:(:(:crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy:

DeanCorp
23rd May 2010, 02:31 PM
Same for me too, though the iPad itself and the iPad dock i've ordered are both still 'Not Yet Shipped'

The Accessories are better than the product ;)

It will be interesting to see what everyone's first impressions are. I think it is very heavy and quite difficult to type on for long periods of time. My opinion is, the primary use for this device is surfing the web, reading e-mails, watching movies. I wouldn't recommend it to replace a laptop..

mrinternet
23rd May 2010, 04:18 PM
I posted a note on the forum that iPads have been delayed beyond 7th of June. Post was shut down. I guess no one cares but me.

Apoptosis
23rd May 2010, 04:20 PM
I posted a note on the forum that iPads have been delayed beyond 7th of June. Post was shut down. I guess no one cares but me.

Or it's possible that it's been discussed at length in many other threads posted about iPads and iPad shipping dates/availability already :)

Don't take it personally, duplicate things on forums usually get deleted/merged to keep noise down :)

sirstaunch
23rd May 2010, 04:50 PM
I've ordered mine on the 10th. Checked the Status the otherday as someone Posted on Twitter the other-day they received theirs earlier then the 28th. Asked what country they were in but the only reply was, yes suppose to be the 28th, so wondering if that was the UK maybe.

How ever, reading on the front page of mactalk just before about some people getting early orders, I looked at my status and it says

ACTION REQUIRED!

Authorization has been declined by the bank. Please contact your credit cardissuing bank and try authorization for same card or a new card using link below

WTF? Why did it take so long to process the payment and only tell me today? Well they didn't tell me, I found out by looking. Don't know what happened but will be fixed up tomorrow, Monday 24th, so I hope it doesn't delay my order till June the 3rd, I'll be most annoyed. I did request a message to be engraved on it, so maybe it's made up ready to shipped, fingers crossed.... X

ZacDavies
23rd May 2010, 05:41 PM
Are you on a debit card with a low limit? Might be the cause.

sirstaunch
23rd May 2010, 05:56 PM
Debit yes, don't know about low limit, that I know of anyhow, I'll have to ring them tomorrow and see what they have to say. And prey my order stays on track...

bobsky
23rd May 2010, 06:14 PM
Something's going on with the order status page... Hopefully it's a sign that things are changing for the better. I was sitting on 'prepared for shipment'.

Now I get this message:

Thank you for shopping at the Apple Online Store
Apple's Online and phone Order Status services are temporarily unavailable due to a scheduled upgrade to our systems.

We apologize for any inconvenience.

boogie
23rd May 2010, 06:21 PM
Something's going on with the order status page... Hopefully it's a sign that things are changing for the better. I was sitting on 'prepared for shipment'.

Now I get this message:

Apple's Online and phone Order Status services are temporarily unavailable due to a scheduled upgrade to our systems.

I'm getting

A technical difficulty has prevented us from processing your request.
Please click here to return to the Apple Online Store.

:frustrating:

nando
23rd May 2010, 06:29 PM
Yes the pre orders is experiencing difficulties
We're Sorry

A technical difficulty has prevented us from processing your request.
Please*click here*to return to the Apple Online Store.
Many lots of ppl are hitting the site

Stez
23rd May 2010, 06:40 PM
Probably just routine maintenance. Wasn't it the same thing same time last week?

SLY
23rd May 2010, 06:41 PM
It now says

doofus
23rd May 2010, 06:47 PM
I'm getting impatient.

Apoptosis
23rd May 2010, 06:50 PM
I'm getting impatient.

+1.

semaja2
23rd May 2010, 06:51 PM
+1.

+2.

aswitcher
23rd May 2010, 06:58 PM
Tenterhooks - as long as its here Friday morning...

Bogus Jimmy
23rd May 2010, 07:01 PM
http://grab.by/grabs/2442706b5ad4dbcee4de4162ce80e66a.png

Anyone else getting this when they try and check their order?

EDIT: Whoops, totally skipped all the posts above.

SLY
23rd May 2010, 07:08 PM
It's about to come up and say, as we have all the orders ready, we are going to send them out monday :

will
23rd May 2010, 07:22 PM
that would be great!

MrJesseRoss
23rd May 2010, 07:25 PM
If I remember correctly, US preorders may have been 'prepared for shipment' or 'shipped' on the weekend before release, but nobody actually received anything until launch day. Even if they do ship tonight/tomorrow, the couriers will have orders not to deliver until the end of the week.

HumanMedia
23rd May 2010, 07:30 PM

Maybe because your post is wrong, sensationalist in a negative way and plain misinformation?

The first shipment of iPads are arriving on time for May 28, the second batch will be arriving June 7, the next batch is later in June.

Which is very different from "iPads have been delayed until beyond 7th of June"

boogie
23rd May 2010, 07:30 PM
It will come back and say

All orders delayed until July :p:p:p:p

boogie
23rd May 2010, 08:18 PM
Well its back up and miine still says

Not yet shipped......

:(:(:(

LithgowLights
23rd May 2010, 08:23 PM
Well its back up and miine still says

Not yet shipped......

Yeah same here :footinmouth:

will
23rd May 2010, 08:25 PM
same same same

nando
23rd May 2010, 08:27 PM
mine still says...prepare for shipment for the iPad and the xtra power adapter cord...

mitty
23rd May 2010, 08:27 PM
^Ditto. Least the order wasn't magically cancelled ;)

ScoobaDood
23rd May 2010, 08:29 PM
They're cutting it fine. I had a Macbook Pro ship recently and it took 4 days to come from China. If the iPad's coming the same route then certainly mine's not going to be early and it's possibly going to be late!

It doesn't seem so smart to have the delivery date on a Friday because if it gets missed then we have to wait the whoooooole weekend to catch up. Wouldn't Monday have been better from a news cycle point of view too?

-- 16GB WiFi + 3G : Not Yet Shipped
-- Camera kit : Prepared for shipment

Apoptosis
23rd May 2010, 08:35 PM
They're cutting it fine. I had a Macbook Pro ship recently and it took 4 days to come from China. If the iPad's coming the same route then certainly mine's not going to be early and it's possibly going to be late!

It doesn't seem so smart to have the delivery date on a Friday because if it gets missed then we have to wait the whoooooole weekend to catch up. Wouldn't Monday have been better from a news cycle point of view too?

-- 16GB WiFi + 3G : Not Yet Shipped
-- Camera kit : Prepared for shipment

Yeah, I'm not concerned that it's not prepped for shipment atm but I will be sure as hell concerned if it's not by tomorrow afternoon.

I spose it's possible that some orders will be coming from AUS and some from China. Our distro centre may have gotten some stock to dispatch from here and the difference is shipped from China.

What's the shipping (IN) mean?
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1241282/iPadShip.JPG

That was on my order for Apple Remote and iPhone dock recently and on my iPad order. I assume they came from Aus - they were essentially next day delivery. What does it say for ppl who're prepped for shipping already? I wonder if it is different.

amstrad_mac
23rd May 2010, 08:43 PM
Still not yet shipped here...

Should i get paranoid? i got this gutsy feeling that we'll get an email from apple with delivery delay on the 16gb 3G models....

nando
23rd May 2010, 08:45 PM
no ipad for aussies have been shipped? so why are u worry??

LithgowLights
23rd May 2010, 08:47 PM
IN does not always mean international. Refurb's - where do they ship from? - Stores - Apple (http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-replies-archive.cfm/1167919.html)

Apoptosis
23rd May 2010, 08:59 PM
IN does not always mean international. Refurb's - where do they ship from? - Stores - Apple (http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-replies-archive.cfm/1167919.html)

Yeah, I know. I've had stuff obviously come from Syd with the IN tag.

Not sure what that WP link is actually saying btw.

LithgowLights
23rd May 2010, 09:25 PM
Not sure what that WP link is actually saying btw.

Ah just that the IN tag was on his parcel, and it arrived in 2 days - 1 day after it was set as Shipped, so thats definately in Australia :)

Apoptosis
23rd May 2010, 09:32 PM
Ah just that the IN tag was on his parcel, and it arrived in 2 days - 1 day after it was set as Shipped, so thats definately in Australia :)

Yeah, which is what I said in my OP :P

eaglesteve2
23rd May 2010, 10:43 PM
Mine says "prepared for shipment". I ordered it at around 6am on the first day.

semaja2
23rd May 2010, 11:07 PM
Still no change, what is everyones order date on their order pages?

Order Date: May 9, 2010 at 02:46 PM PDT

SLY
23rd May 2010, 11:34 PM
Still no change, what is everyones order date on their order pages?

Order Date: May 9, 2010 at 02:46 PM PDT

Order Date: May 9, 2010 at 11:53 AM PDT

semaja2
23rd May 2010, 11:37 PM

I should also add, what the status is for the order date as well, maybe if we get enough dates and status's we might be able to see a pattern

Apoptosis
23rd May 2010, 11:39 PM
Order Date: May 9, 2010 at 07:59 PM PDT

32gb WiFi only. No other items on the order.
Currently not yet prepared. I'm guessig/convinced myself that those which have been updated over the weekend will be ahippig direct from China whereas the ones with no movement are coming from stock already made it to Syd. Doesn't explain the randomness though, unless they purposely are being random. Meh, I'm probably just talking bs :)

SLY
23rd May 2010, 11:50 PM

64g wi-fi

Prepared for shipment, delivers 28th

funwithstuff
24th May 2010, 12:14 AM
I have two on one order (one for a relative) and the 64GB wifi is "Prepared for Shipment" while the 16GB 3G is "Not yet shipped". Priority for the 64GB models or just luck?

grep
24th May 2010, 12:18 AM
My WiFi +3G 16GB is now showing as prepared for shipment. It was ordered at around 5:30am on 10 May.

mattatkins
24th May 2010, 12:26 AM
Mines just updated to 'Prepared for Shipment' in the last hour, 16GB Wifi + 3G.

semaja2
24th May 2010, 12:31 AM
Mine just got prepared for shipment :)

ljeffs16
24th May 2010, 12:40 AM
Yeah! My 64GB 3G model also just went to prepared for shipment!!! :D
10/05/2010 at 04:29 AM JST - Order number W22182****

Not yet shipped
Product
IPAD DOCK-ZML

Prepared for Shipment
Product
IPAD WI-FI + 3G 64GB-AUS

IPAD CASE-ZML

VOOK
24th May 2010, 12:46 AM
Aww crap now I won't be able to go bed without checking it.

Still no reports of 32G 3G's going :(

Thrymr
24th May 2010, 12:51 AM
Apple just updated my order for a 64 GB 3G iPad to "Prepared for Shipment". And by "just", I literally mean just. Tonight. A Sunday night. Who would have thought? :)

coranda
24th May 2010, 01:00 AM
Apparently, some people have already received shipment notices - in the UK at least. Although, unfortunately, this article suggest it might not mean much.

Apple iPad shipments now getting hopes up in UK and Australia -- Engadget (http://www.engadget.com/2010/05/22/apple-ipad-shipments-now-getting-hopes-up-in-uk-and-australia/)

PS I'm still listed as Not yet shipped.

PPS Hi, my first post.

aswitcher
24th May 2010, 01:05 AM
Apple just updated my order for a 64 GB 3G iPad to "Prepared for Shipment". And by "just", I literally mean just. Tonight. A Sunday night. Who would have thought? :)

Ditto. Nice!

CLP
24th May 2010, 01:15 AM

Same here, within in the last hour and a half... My 64GB 3G + Wifi has just changed to Prepared for Shipment! :D

My order was placed on 10/05/2010 at 08:10 AM JST.

Also, Hi all, forgot to add that in my first post, so thought i would make up for it in the second.