PDA

View Full Version : Delay with wii remote on imac

wenkat
10th May 2010, 12:59 AM
I have a new 27" imac running Elgato EyeTV hybrid and have connected the wii through the composite video input. The problem I am having is that there is a significant time lag (delay) with the wii remotes so that you cannot play games like tennis that require precise timing. You hear the sound on the remote but the action does not happen on the screen immediately. Anyone else got this problem or an idea on how to fix it?

Nightwish
10th May 2010, 01:14 AM
Of course there will be lag when you're running a signal through a television tuner. I don't know the ins-and-outs but the signal has to be converted by the tuner and then sent to your USB port, which is slow already, then decoded by the software on your Mac. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong

You need one of these  Kanex XD For Apple iMac 27" - Full Screen HD Playback of Blu-Ray DVD PS3 Xbox 360 Elite w/ Audio (http://kanexlive.com/products/kanexXD.aspx)

Edit: Just realised Wii doesn't have HDMI. I'm not sure what option you have now, sorry . :(

macaholic
12th May 2010, 10:14 AM
I have a new 27" imac running Elgato EyeTV hybrid and have connected the wii through the composite video input. The problem I am having is that there is a significant time lag (delay) with the wii remotes so that you cannot play games like tennis that require precise timing. You hear the sound on the remote but the action does not happen on the screen immediately. Anyone else got this problem or an idea on how to fix it?

You need to turn on Game Mode in EyeTV Devices prefs.