PDA

View Full Version : Who's Going to WWDC '10?

decryption
6th May 2010, 10:16 PM
I am :)

Will try organise some sort of MacTalk meet up while we're there too. The AUC (http://www.auc.edu.au) is having some sort of shindig as well.

Chief911
6th May 2010, 10:24 PM
wicked...any idea if your getting into the keynote?

thats awesome
7th May 2010, 12:22 AM
wicked...any idea if your getting into the keynote?

I thought you could buy your way into the keynote with a ticket to the event?

Are you going by yourself Anthony or with other MacTalk folk/significant others?

decryption
7th May 2010, 08:49 AM
I thought you could buy your way into the keynote with a ticket to the event?

Are you going by yourself Anthony or with other MacTalk folk/significant others?

You can get in to the keynote event at WWDC pretty easily, you just need to line up and be towards the front, otherwise you get shoved into an overflow room.

I am going with my partner, mainly for a trip to San Francisco, but I know marc is going, so no doubt I will catch up with him there :)

Sebastianmonty
7th May 2010, 12:26 PM
The tickets are now all sold out. Although I wasn't planning on going anyway. They sold out in 8 days. Before the App store was opened you were able to go there and buy tickets on the day. Now they sell out in just over a week. Great news for scalpers.

decryption
7th May 2010, 12:39 PM
The tickets are now all sold out. Although I wasn't planning on going anyway. They sold out in 8 days. Before the App store was opened you were able to go there and buy tickets on the day. Now they sell out in just over a week. Great news for scalpers.

Scalpers? You need to link your WWDC purchase to your Apple Developer account.

jesse
10th May 2010, 09:34 AM
I'm not going this year, but I've heard stories of people giving their WWDC passes to people for the Keynote for a fee, then continuing on with the conference for the rest of the week.

jpmac
13th May 2010, 09:55 PM
Well I'm all booked to go :)

Would be good to organise a mactalk meet there.

Jon

Paris
14th May 2010, 11:36 AM
About 10 Tasmanians, including most of the Secret Lab team, will be there.

I believe the shindig the AUC attends is open to all Australians and New Zealanders - I'm not sure if it's run by the AUC or just attended by them.

mymobile
14th May 2010, 01:10 PM
Hey,

I'm going ... flying out on the 3rd June from Brisbane Airport. This will be my first WWDC. I'm staying at one of the places on the Convention Website (Cookies Required (http://www.chmweb.com/HomeAttendee.aspx?ShowKey=30432213347)). What will be the best way to meet up with fellow MacTalk people?

Cheers
MM

P.S. This is my first post ... I've been a stalker for so many years!!! LOL!

Paris
14th May 2010, 07:05 PM
If any other Aussies want to catch up with our (large) group during or around WWDC, please don't hesitate to call me when you're over there. My US number is (510) 854-6522

Would be great to have a bit of a meet up over there!

mymobile
16th May 2010, 08:04 PM
Cool! I'll note your number and give you a call.

Will get a prepaid when I get there ...

Cheers
MM

Captain Stathi
16th May 2010, 09:10 PM
Thanks number noted

Tony Arnold
18th May 2010, 11:29 PM
The lack of focus on the Mac, the snub of the ADAs and a whole swag of developers I was keen to catch up with not going for those same reasons put me off this year. I'll save my pennies and go in 2011 when we'll hopefully be getting a good look at the next major revision of Mac OS X.

Have fun though guys - I'm disappointed about missing the social parts of the conference!

kevinnugent
21st May 2010, 09:50 AM
I hope you lads already bought your US currency.... it's tanking in relation to the AUD at the moment.

mitty
21st May 2010, 10:07 AM
Yep, ouch. If you were planning on getting a cheap 3G Ipad whilst there, it's probably easier just to get one here now!

marc
21st May 2010, 10:51 AM
I'll be there!

Will be great to catch up with Decryption and others.

decryption
21st May 2010, 10:53 AM
I better organise that pre-paid US$ credit card ASAP :S

Paris
21st May 2010, 12:22 PM
Is anyone up for an informal Aussie get together on the Friday night and the end of WWDC?

There's a great Irish pub around the corner from Moscone West.

Let me know! Secret Lab is happy to buy a round for Mac Talkers!

P

marc
21st May 2010, 12:29 PM
I better organise that pre-paid US$ credit card ASAP :S

What's this? Sounds interesting...

Is anyone up for an informal Aussie get together on the Friday night and the end of WWDC?

I'm up for it, but the WWDC Bash is on that night. Maybe after?

decryption
21st May 2010, 12:50 PM

https://www.anz.com/personal/travel%2Dforeign%2Dexchange/travel%2Dmoney/travel%2Dcard/

Works out to be a lot cheaper than a credit card as you don't get transaction fees and the exchange rate is usually better than what you get from Visa/MC.

Also, stock up on US$ cash now and get as many $1 notes as possible. You gotta give out tips all over the place :(

Paris
21st May 2010, 01:38 PM

I'm up for it, but the WWDC Bash is on that night. Maybe after?

Bash is historically Thursday night... Unless you know differently this year.

marc
21st May 2010, 02:11 PM
Bash is historically Thursday night... Unless you know differently this year.

Looks like you're right. 2009 and 2008 Bash's were on Thursday night. Ok, Friday night it is then!

jpmac
6th June 2010, 05:23 PM
And the world cup starts on Friday night!

Anyway I have just arrived today into San fran, will be picking up my wwdc badge tomorrow and going to the apple australian meet on sun evening.

jamesatfish
8th June 2010, 02:48 AM
So who made it into the presentation main room?

Joined the queue at about 7:30 (at the moscone doors) - did one pretty quick lap around the block and ended up roughly outside Russian Hill (about 2/3 back from the front of the inside queue). Just found a seat in the main room in the section just behind the VIPs, but I could see the main room cutoff about 200 people behind me on the way in.

Not sure how far the queue goes outside at the moment, but those who weren't waiting inside from 8:00 am probably won't make the main room. Crazy.

jpmac
8th June 2010, 12:26 PM
Yeah I must have just joined the que about 7:20 and surprisingly got into the main hall finding a seat behind the VIP and media, was awesome.

Also noticed anthony in the que well ahead of me.

Jon

Paris
11th June 2010, 07:13 AM
Dinner. Saturday night. San Francisco.

Who's in?

Alternatively: drinks Friday late night.

Thoughts?