PDA

View Full Version : Copying Mp3 File

corowakid
5th September 2005, 09:43 AM
Hi all,

I'm having problems copying a podcast .mp3 file, 54Mb or so, from my G5 iMac, Tiger 10.4.2, to an external card reader containing a CF card, formatted as Fat32. When I attempt to copy, I get an error message "copy failed due to unable to read some format, error -36". It doesn't matter which podcast file I try to copy, I get the same message. All file are named along the lines of "lnl_20050825.mp3" (no inverted commas), and all downloaded from one site (ABC).

Can anyone help or suggest why I'm having trouble? I can copy other files to the CF card, and there's plentry of unused space on it. BTW iTunes is the nominated opening program. I've tried renaming the file, ommitting the file extension, reducing the filename to 8 letters, all don't work.

Any advice woud be really appreciated. Thanks

Corowakid

Beast5500
5th September 2005, 11:55 AM
interesting. i work with FAT32 volumes reguarly (usb hard-drive, pendrive, Hard-drives and other removable media) and never encountered this error before.

are your able to look up the error code in apple error codes? it may give you a more detailed description of the problem.

As a last resort. backup everything on your cf card, reformat and try again.

corowakid
5th September 2005, 05:39 PM
I did that - twice. No change. BTW, does anyone know where Apple error code expanations can be found?

Rodney9
5th September 2005, 07:38 PM
Originally posted by corowakid@Sep 5 2005, 05:39 PM
I did that - twice. No change. BTW, does anyone know where Apple error code expanations can be found?
http://www.appleerrorcodes.com/