PDA

View Full Version : Poll: Who's funnier - Jon Stewart or Stephen Colbert?

gumby08
5th May 2010, 07:59 PM
Now that we have easy access to both the Daily Show and The Colbert Report via ABC2, who makes you chuckle more: Jon Stewart or Stephen Colbert?

tintinaujapon
5th May 2010, 08:10 PM
They're both hilarious, but the neo-con schtick isn't hugely relevant outside the US.

gikku
5th May 2010, 08:21 PM
They're both very good. :)
Almost unbelievable that they could on the same station, one after the other. :)

Seakip
5th May 2010, 08:54 PM
Jon Stewart, I like the way he handles his guests and though this is not relevant to how funny each are, I like the other people on the daily show making the show in general funnier for me.

Tiprya
5th May 2010, 09:07 PM
They are funny, but every american (or any australian who professes to 'love' it) that i've watched them with only laugh at the stupid fucking faces they pull.

Makes me cringe because some of it is genuinely funny material but it gets ruined by the delivery going for the lowest common denominator.

tcn33
5th May 2010, 09:17 PM
I won't choose and you cant make me.

TeeZed
5th May 2010, 09:28 PM
YouTube - Jon Stewart Tears Glenn Beck's World Apart! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNOku6QP4UM)

This is just a part of a pretty solid effort by Stewart

Seakip
5th May 2010, 09:55 PM
Btw, in case you didn't know; ABC iView is amazing, watch the Daily Show and Cobert report for free online with no ads! And doesn't count to cap for most ISP's!

Remy
5th May 2010, 10:44 PM
I like them both, but Jon Stewart is the original and the best.
Thankfully, Indecision gives us the best of both worlds every four years :)

tupps
5th May 2010, 10:56 PM
They're both very good. :)
Almost unbelievable that they could on the same station, one after the other. :)

If you look Jon Stewart is Executive Producer for the Colbert Report and they run after each other in the states.

par3182
6th May 2010, 01:42 AM
I think Stephen Colbert is slightly funnier as he gets to play a character but The Daily Show is funnier overall. Plus I want to marry Jon Stewart.

(and Stephen Colbert will always be Mr Noblet to me)

wmyeoh
6th May 2010, 08:44 AM
They are funny, but every american (or any australian who professes to 'love' it) that i've watched them with only laugh at the stupid fucking faces they pull.

Makes me cringe because some of it is genuinely funny material but it gets ruined by the delivery going for the lowest common denominator.

What a bizarre comment.

I would say Colbert but it requires a bit more of an understanding of American politics to get some of the jokes. Despite the fact that it's satire, it's actually quite clever stuff.

Balthazar
6th May 2010, 08:56 AM
Although Jon Stewart gave Colbert a start (He originally was a performer on the Daily Show) i much prefer Colbert, he has much better writers and is much more witty.

Stewarts guest performers are good though, cant go past Hodgman.