PDA

View Full Version : Macbook and World of Warcraft

firecane
4th May 2010, 08:37 AM
I have used my macbook over 18 months now it is the best ever. I also play WoW (World of Warcraft). my problem is that i can minimize wow, i have to shut down the program before i can do anything else, is there something basic that i am missing???

I am not familiar with the mac and games. but my little macbook does it so well :)

gehenna
4th May 2010, 08:53 AM
Can you switch to a windowed mode within the Warcraft menu and then minimise the window? Just a thought.

firecane
4th May 2010, 09:10 AM
I can switch to window mode, but i was hoping not to do that....
I would like to just press a button or two, to get out and straight back in again.

For example if i am on my mac playing and someone calls me on skype, i have to exit wow to answer then log back into it again, it would be just as long as changing to windowed mode ( as you have to reload the whole UI).

But thank you for your answer

gehenna
4th May 2010, 09:11 AM
Probably not then, if your usual shortcuts don't work (alt+tab for example) it means the game has stolen focus from the OS.

firecane
4th May 2010, 09:28 AM
NNnnnnoooooooooooooooooooooooooo :cry:

thank you anyway.

gehenna
4th May 2010, 09:36 AM
I'm just guessing, someone who actually plays the game might have a better answer for you :)

ianska
4th May 2010, 09:43 AM
Press CMD M to switch to windowed mode then CMD H to hide WoW :)
To get get wow back just click on its icon in the dock and press CMD M again

Edit:

Just thought of another way that might make it easier for you. In WoW go to your Video settings and tick windowed mode and Maximized on. You can then CMD TAB and cycle through your other open apps.

D_W_Y
4th May 2010, 10:28 AM
set it to window mode and then tick the box under it that says maximise.

its the same as full screen but u can alt tab easily.

~Coxy
4th May 2010, 10:50 AM
Yep, Maximised Windowed mode is the best option. You lost a little performance compared to Full Screen mode but not much.

In Maximised Windowed mode you can Command+Tab or use Spaces to access other apps.

Balthazar
4th May 2010, 10:53 AM
I havent logged on to WoW in about 4 months but i was easily able to cmd-tab using maximised window mode back then. Dont think an update would change this.

Akshunhiro
4th May 2010, 05:52 PM
CMD + M is what I've always used.