PDA

View Full Version : MBP Three finger gesture?

cosmichobo
2nd May 2010, 10:19 PM
G'day,

Sometimes when I try to use the 3 finger gesture to move to the top/bottom of the page, it doesn't work unless I click the touchpad first.

Yet, it will do 2 finger dragging fine... and, as just happened now - 3 fingers worked fine... I clicked a link to a new page, and voila - 3 fingers not working (til click again).

What's up with that?

cheers

cosmic

snark
2nd May 2010, 11:05 PM
Works in Firefox, but not in Safari.

I too am annoyed about its inconsistent nature.

cosmichobo
2nd May 2010, 11:14 PM
I use Firefox, which is where it's (not) happening. (That is, it is not doing it, when it should)

kiwijohn
2nd May 2010, 11:33 PM
Works fine in Camino, but not in Flock.

canonafficionado
4th May 2010, 12:06 AM
I get this too in Firefox and I thought it was a known fault for a while.

Other gestures seem ok and I can't really get it to go away with a click as far as I know.

There's a few threads that I noticed a while back in the Apple discussion forums pointing to the issue (http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?threadID=2167804), so I keep thinking it was going to get fixed in a minor release of the OS, but seems to have stayed like it through the last 1 or 2.

Plug in a nice Windows keyboard and use those home/end keys??

Vzzzbx
4th May 2010, 01:25 PM
Using the function key with the arrow keys gives you page up, page down, start of doc and end of doc.

It doesn't fix your three-finger scrolling problem, but it's a handy dandy workaround.

cosmichobo
4th May 2010, 05:17 PM
To be honest, even on my full keyboards, I've rarely ever used "Home" or "End" to navigate, but when I my fiancée got the MBP, I figured I'd find out what this new trackpad could do... and was quite taken with the 3 finger option...

Might email Apple and see if they have got it logged as a problem...