PDA

View Full Version : US Store no longer has None as a choice

PCKid
2nd May 2010, 07:06 PM
When I created my USA iTunes there was a choice at the credit card screen to say None as a choice. My mate tried to create one today and they have removed that choice. Is there any way around that?

normalguy
2nd May 2010, 07:20 PM
change to the US store, 'buy' a free app, click create account and when your signing up the 'none' option will be there :)

tobes56
2nd May 2010, 10:31 PM
Thanks for the tip Normalguy and excuse me for being a Dumbguy, but now that I've signed up and everything, can you only download Free Apps (tried to enter my credit card details to download another app and it won't do it??)

inrainbows
2nd May 2010, 11:42 PM
Your credit card won't work unless it's tied to a US address. You need to buy prepaid credit off the internet.

tobes56
3rd May 2010, 06:31 AM
Thanks inrainbows. Now all I have to do is to work out how to organise pre-paid credit :) Love this site - always very helpful. People on this forum rock!

minmi377
3rd May 2010, 07:28 AM
Hi,
Info which may help,
Check the internet for some email delivered iTunes cards. hope this helps. Used this site before. Highly recommended. Email with code within 5 minutes.

Maximus Cards - Your number one source for Instant Xbox Live Points, PSN Card, Wii Points, Warcraft Key and iTunes Prepaid (http://www.maximuscards.com/)

tobes56
3rd May 2010, 05:38 PM
Thanks minmi377 - you're a champ. Downloading something as I type but interestingly, while I was credited $US15 and wanted to download a $14.99 movie, it said I didn't have enough credit? Not to worry, I'm a very happy camper and appreciate your help.

MightyAtom
3rd May 2010, 06:34 PM
while I was credited $US15 and wanted to download a $14.99 movie, it said I didn't have enough credit? Not to worry, I'm a very happy camper and appreciate your help.
Sales tax, which state did you use for a fake address? You should use one of the few states without sales tax.

lachyg
3rd May 2010, 09:29 PM
The none option worked for me btw.

tobes56
4th May 2010, 02:09 AM
I picked Arizona - why ... I have no idea (first one that sprung to mind). Trust me to pick one with Sales Tax :laughing:

MightyAtom
4th May 2010, 02:29 AM
I picked Arizona - why ... I have no idea (first one that sprung to mind). Trust me to pick one with Sales Tax :laughing:
Your chances aren't good making a random pick, I think there are only three states with no sales tax. Try changing your address to New Hampshire, I'm pretty sure that's the one I'm using.

tdmc
4th May 2010, 07:53 AM
None option was working yesterday afternoon

Mail address I used was that of the guy who sent me my iPad - all sweet

thenewblack
6th May 2010, 08:35 AM
change to the US store, 'buy' a free app, click create account and when your signing up the 'none' option will be there :)

Sweet. I used Apple's Cupertino Address. :)

tdmc
6th May 2010, 08:40 AM
BUT, make sure you check out the app store from the AUS site first - most are available there and in AUS$. So the US store is useful for those "protected" apps like Pages, or iBook

melbourneguy
12th May 2010, 09:38 PM
Delaware, New Hampshire and Hawaii have no sales tax (not sure about Hawaii now - they didn't used to).

OziMac
13th May 2010, 12:02 AM
Delaware, New Hampshire and Hawaii have no sales tax (not sure about Hawaii now - they didn't used to).

Hawaii - 4-4.5% gross receipts tax (they've had this tax as long as I can remember - at least 20 years)

Sales taxes in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sales_taxes_in_the_United_States#Hawaii)

Oregon - none.