PDA

View Full Version : Trackpad Mouse Button Being Weird

swherdman
3rd September 2005, 09:59 PM
been having a probelm with my 15" powerbook, (latest model) and the other day the the mouse button below the track pad started to go all wierd, and now it goes through phases, sometimes it works like it should but 18% of the time it is really loud when i click and the key seems to be uneaven and the only way to get it to really click properley is to tap right in the center at the top of the key, and its starting to bug me as this laptop is < 2 months old and i dont want to start having to get if fixed by someone

i looked at some keyboard replacement diagrams and i dont want to take my keyboard off to have a look as its a pritty major job

anyone know of / herd of such a problem or how to fix it?

neilrobinson
3rd September 2005, 10:57 PM
edited the title for easier reading...

hopefully somebody will know more about this than me :P

neil

macmate
4th September 2005, 12:01 AM
yeah mine does that.......

it was fine when i got my computer but a little coke in the trackpad and it started playing up. its getting better but its still annoying.

also you can&#39;t replace a keyboard on the new 15" PowerBooks its a whole top cover replacement. This would also replace the trackpad and the mouse. i suggest if its annoying you get it replaced under warranty. if of course there is any suggestion of user abuse/fault then it won&#39;t be covered.

Ric