PDA

View Full Version : Changing the time on Rav4 cd changer

limpboy
2nd May 2010, 09:08 AM
I know this is a weird request but it is driving me nuts! My mother recently purchased a second-hand 2007 Rav4 and has been great. But since the change to daylight-savings the clock on the cd-changer has been wrong! I've been trying to play around with it. Pushing buttons, holding down buttons, two buttons at once. Different combinations etc. But to no avail.

This is not the dashboard clock. Which I was able to change after reading the manual. This is the 6-disc cd-changer. I think it might have been a dealer install. So no mention in the manual. I have included a photo of the unit below. If anyone knows what brand or model the 6-disc cd changer is? Or how to change the clock on it?

It is a long shot, but my google-fu has let me down.

http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/1148/img0611a.jpg

u98925
2nd May 2010, 11:50 AM
Try holding down the 'AM' button then press the '1' button for hour changing and the '2' button for the minutes.

(this works on our similar Toyota head unit).

limpboy
2nd May 2010, 12:43 PM
Thanks! That totally worked! I love Mactalk.

u98925
2nd May 2010, 12:58 PM
No Problem :)

Bogus Jimmy
2nd May 2010, 01:10 PM
Completely obvious... hold down the AM button to change the time... why didn't you try that first?

LCGuy
3rd May 2010, 01:55 PM
OT, but I love the way it has a sticker on it warning you to only insert one CD at a time. Thats almost as good as the section in the handbook for my Astra that warns, "Do not insert DVDs into the CD player"....you don't say.....*rolls eyes*

Lutze
3rd May 2010, 02:09 PM
OT, but I love the way it has a sticker on it warning you to only insert one CD at a time. Thats almost as good as the section in the handbook for my Astra that warns, "Do not insert DVDs into the CD player"....you don't say.....*rolls eyes*

It's obvious to you and me... but to some people - they've done it and then not been able to get the disc back. Then they have taken Toyota to court for it.

People are seriously fucked up.

euphospug
3rd May 2010, 03:02 PM
wonko the sane - was right all along.

(toothpicks. 42. fish.)