PDA

View Full Version : Printer Will Not Add

Inafuddle
1st May 2010, 04:28 PM
I have eMac - Operating System OSX 10.4.11 and I recently have a new driver installed. Prior to that my Epson CX5500 Printer/Scanner was working - Actually I am sure it worked when I got the computer back too.

The fella that installed the new Hard Drive also gave my kids and iMac plus the modem lead - so they can do their homework (Huh!) on that computer. Teenage son decided to go on my computer to set them up for "Sharing" - he did get it going BUT now my CX5500 disappeared! I downloaded more software from Epson - then when I add the printer - it won't add. "Client Error (something?) Too Long" - Now the CX5500 has disappeared again - I downloaded another but it doesn't come up anywhere - Like in "System Profiler " (I think) - it lists all the EPSONs BUT the CX5500.

So I decide to connect the EPSON C65 Printer - That does show up BUT it will still not add - same message as above. I re-set the Printing System - Still no go.

The "Scanner" part of the EPSON CX5500 Printer/Scanner works fine. I have noted that I have two Printer Utility - One is mute - The other will let me check ink levels, head cleaning, etc.

1. To download the EPSON CX5500 Printer/Scanner should I delete the Scanner that I have working now? Before another download?

2. Once I get that back - How do I get the computer to "Add The Printer (s)".

3. Is it the way I start the computer - like it opens with OSX (I think) should it be Mac 9???

4. I am computer illerate - as you may of noticed.

5. I don't want to annoy the fella that installed the Hard Drive as he is very busy and charges me bugger all PLUS I deleted a Hard Drive once - him was not a happy chappie Surely it must be something simple and I have pushed the wrong button somewhere?

And Hi - I have JUST joined up - Poor you lot! :)

Inafuddle
1st May 2010, 10:58 PM
Anybody ??? "Printer Browser" will not allow me to add any printer :

"Client Error etc etc ..."

H E L P :confused:

Inafuddle
2nd May 2010, 01:11 PM
I went to Disk Utility and I verified the disks - all OK.

But I found the "Printer" (I verified that too - all OK.) - That should not be there (the Printer - download? thing) should it??????

I need to Print for our (very) small business. Thanks.

D_W_Y
2nd May 2010, 04:39 PM
disconnect the computer from the network and plug the printer in directly.

Inafuddle
2nd May 2010, 05:04 PM
What does that mean --- Like I unattach the modem?

Inafuddle
2nd May 2010, 05:09 PM
Well . . . How do I disconnect from the "networK" - What is "network" then?

Sorry. :confused:

Inafuddle
2nd May 2010, 05:17 PM
In systems & preferences . . . "Network" ---"Built in Earthnet" ON (Green Light) ----- "VPN (12TP) is configured but not connected"

OK ---

I have USB cables But for this (as the CX5500 is not showing and the C65 WAS) I will plug in again now. OK.

D_W_Y
2nd May 2010, 05:58 PM
the printer does not have a usb plug?
dont say it doesnt because google suggests otherwise

INTERFACE USB 1.1 Compatible with the USB 2.0 Specification
plug it directly into your machine and attempt to print.

ps there is an edit post button on the bottom right of each reply.

Inafuddle
2nd May 2010, 06:18 PM
Tried the "edit" but anyway . . .

I have USBs always have - but for this I will plug in the C65 as the CX5500 has disappeared OR is that Disk Utility thing. Doing it now. :D

Inafuddle
2nd May 2010, 06:25 PM
C65 plugged in & green light on.

Is this to do with a "Plug In" thing on some "application" (if that is the right terminology .

And when the "Printer Browser" comes up it is "shaded" in the "Default" is that right also?

Shall I go to print something ? It will say "Add Printer" - then if I am right the "Printer Browser" will come up with the same message "Client Error . . . . "

I will do it and write the message down for thanks heaps.

D_W_Y
2nd May 2010, 06:33 PM
what i meant was asking if you were trying to print over a network, from the computer to the printer.

then to see if the network was the problem you plug the printer directly into the computer and disconnect it from the network and see if it will print something.

generally with these things restarting the router etc will fix the problems with things not talking to each other properly.

Inafuddle
2nd May 2010, 06:49 PM
Here . . . . .

http://i869.photobucket.com/albums/ab252/Bing_038/Picture2.png

http://i869.photobucket.com/albums/ab252/Bing_038/Picture1.png

Inafuddle
2nd May 2010, 07:34 PM
Oh -- No "network" I am a simple PC person. :o

Inafuddle
3rd May 2010, 05:22 PM
http://i869.photobucket.com/albums/ab252/Bing_038/Badpessage.png

Now that is where I am Stuck???? Help.

Once I overcome that - I will look at adding the CX5500 ---- P L E A S E --- anybody??

Inafuddle
3rd May 2010, 06:47 PM
Please . . . . anybody I am about to pull my hair out . . . . :o:confused:

Mac Ram
3rd May 2010, 08:36 PM
Have a read over of this (http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1341?viewlocale=en_US) over on the apple support site.

D_W_Y
3rd May 2010, 09:21 PM
you really need more help than someone over the forums can provide id just call apple they provide technical help over the phone.

Inafuddle
4th May 2010, 01:49 PM
Thanks "D_W_Y" . . . . I emailed the said fella I mentioned before AND HE RANG ME! Yay - I went to something he said and the CX5500 is definitely there! Anyway he said it would take two hours over the 'phone to fix AND IT WASN'T MY FAULT! The whole "Box 'n Dice" is heading to his place for fixing while my son has his tennis competition tonight. My OH is REALLY P'ed off to travel all that way again - BUT I did try to fix it myself - When it is back I have SOOO much bookwork to do!

Thank you again - I will check in when all is fixed.

Inafuddle
4th May 2010, 01:53 PM
Have a read over of this (http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1341?viewlocale=en_US) over on the apple support site.

Thanks - I have already done that. Then I joined as I saw someone with exactly the same problem BUT when I went to "Create Account" it just kept returning to "Desired Alias" - so I couldn't post.

Then I found you lot!!! "MacTalk":D