PDA

View Full Version : 3G iPad in Australia?

CAJL1972
1st May 2010, 09:50 AM
Any word on when the 3G models will get to Aus - is it a month behind the wi fi model or still no word? Any details out there on providers and/or plans yet?

decryption
1st May 2010, 09:57 AM
Apple have said it will be "late-May", telcos have said nothing except that they are interested in the device.

Bogus Jimmy
1st May 2010, 12:39 PM
Apple Media Advisory (http://www.apple.com/pr/library/2010/04/14advisory_ipad.html)

We will announce international pricing and begin taking online pre-orders on Monday, May 10.

standinside
1st May 2010, 03:21 PM
i think his question is whether we will suffer the same fate as US where you have to wait a month before the 3G version comes out

PCKid
2nd May 2010, 06:18 PM
i think his question is whether we will suffer the same fate as US where you have to wait a month before the 3G version comes out

I thought that had been answered elsewhere on various forums that International would be both models at once. Sure hope so as I am so hanging out for a 3G one. Hate to find on the 10th. I may have to wait even longer. Even my wife is starting to ask how many more sleeps till she can get hers.

Our idea is for her to get the 32gb 3G and me the 64gb. Then over the year till the next model if I feel I could manage with just 32gb I'll sell the 64gb and buy a 32gb new model that way minimising the cost difference.

I don't hold out much hope as I have a stock pile of comics, magazines and epub books amounting to 15 gb plus and at least ten movies all at around 3gb. Do the math.

Jinkst
2nd May 2010, 06:55 PM
I don't hold out much hope as I have a stock pile of comics, magazines and epub books amounting to 15 gb plus and at least ten movies all at around 3gb. Do the math.

Yeah good luck with that lol. With that stuff, plus apps/music/photos and you'll be well on your way to filling a 64gb. And if not, it's always welcome to have a little extra anyway. I'm definitely glad I went the 64gb. I was originally only going to get a 16, in hindsight that would have been a massive mistake for me and my needs/wants for this device.

nando
2nd May 2010, 08:45 PM

i guess it depends whether you always need to have all your movies all the time in your ipad?
i was thinking the same as you.....that i need a bigger size ipad but then realise that i will not need to have all my content at once.. (have 100GB of home videos) and i dont always need to watch ...for that i can do it on the tv..
just my 2c

MrJesseRoss
2nd May 2010, 09:18 PM
I used to fill my iPhone up with videos, until one day I realised that I never actually watched them. Felt very silly about wasting all that space with unused content.

HumanMedia
2nd May 2010, 10:09 PM
You can always just get the Camera adapter kit and store videos on any number of SD cards...

PCKid
3rd May 2010, 11:53 AM
You can always just get the Camera adapter kit and store videos on any number of SD cards...

I don't think you can access files from that kit. Would be awesome if you could.

mmulhern
3rd May 2010, 12:24 PM

Have a look at TidBITS iPhone iPad iPod: Increase Your iPad Media Storage for Just $49 (http://db.tidbits.com/article/11222) - it outlines putting the video on the SD card and importing the video into the photo app and watching them from there as well. When you've finished watching it, you delete and import some more.

idiesel
5th May 2010, 06:59 PM
Here's an interesting story - Inventive Aussies discover micro-SIM makeover (http://www.cnet.com.au/inventive-aussies-discover-micro-sim-makeover-339302870.htm)
http://www.cnet.com.au/story_media/339302870/micro-sim_1.jpg
The modified Telstra SIM (left) and the original AT&T micro SIM.