PDA

View Full Version : Need advice on ATV wireless connection please.

Madeezy
30th April 2010, 07:27 PM
Guys got a new ATV home last night.

I just cant seem to get it to connect/ accept my wireless network.

Re set my network up three times and still ATV comes back with saying a problem with your network check settings bla bla.

Any ideas and help available?

My MB Pro connects ok as usual, My Iphone connects ok as usual...but not the ATV in its initial set up stages. Don't know what to do or where to start solving the problem as I cant even see any kind of menu on the screen to help guide me.

Thanks.

craigd
30th April 2010, 08:35 PM
The good thing with the ATV is the simplicity. Having moved to a boxee system with an Asrock Ion 330ht although I love it and being a little bit technical I would never change back, although you cant beat the ease of use with a ATV.

Anyway as I was saying, the simplicity. Can you see the wireless network ? Have you had chance to try on a mate's network?

Where in Perth are you, having owned one I have no issues if I can get some time to come and have a squiss for you.

The_Hawk
30th April 2010, 08:53 PM
First step of trouble shooting would be to turn off all security and see if you can get it working that way (unplug other computers if your concerned about their security). That should eliminate pretty much all issues, if it doesn't work that way, maybe you have deeper problems.

Personally I would suggest wiring it up anyway (if it at all possible), I have one wired and one wireless (until I can get it wired) and while it's not an issue once something is playing, there is a noticeable pause before things start and when skipping through on the wirelessly connected ATV.

(Besides all that then you can rip out the wifi card and throw in a hardware decoder and make it play full 1080p content :D

Madeezy
30th April 2010, 09:28 PM
I have had about enough of it for now...will sit back watch avatar and try again tomorrow.

Thanks Craig.

bennettnz
30th April 2010, 10:12 PM
I remember when I first got it I couldn't get it working wirelesly no matter what I did. I then hooked it up with an Ethernet cable got it all synced up. Next I unplugged the Ethernet and tried the wireless option and for whatever stupid reason it found the network and I was able to sort it wirelessly.

Madeezy
1st May 2010, 12:02 AM
Bloody Hell I have got it done.

After all the things i did in trying, what did it was simply changing the wireless channel number from 6 to 10 and Bingo direct connection right away :-)

OK well now to play haha.:cool:

euphospug
1st May 2010, 12:12 AM
yeah - hook it up with ethernet first. it's a pain. but it helps. oh yeah, if yoyu have a netgear wireless router that might cause so me issues.

craigd
1st May 2010, 12:56 AM
Good to hear...
Enjoy