PDA

View Full Version : powerbook memory upgrade

Cam
21st July 2004, 06:39 PM
Is it easy to add memory to my 15" Powerbook? Do I void warranty?

Ozi
21st July 2004, 07:09 PM
Yes its very easy to add memory... on the underside of your pBook, you will see two things: First... the battery, with the little button you press to see how much battery life is left (the little LEDs light up) and the second is a square panel directly in the middle of the base of your pBook. this is the memory access panel, and you unscrew the 4 little screws to remove it.

There is more info in the book you received with your pBook on how t add more RAM yourself, but it seems very easy to do. So check with the documentation which comes with your pBook, but i doubt it will void warranty.

Cam
21st July 2004, 07:30 PM
Cool.. I shall make a article on it!

pipsqeek
22nd July 2004, 11:26 AM
Its similar to motor vehicles, mainly motorcycles (as I have experience with them)..

If the "user manual" says how to, then its okay.

Steve

sillydog701
22nd July 2004, 11:55 AM
The user manual says how to install additional RAM. Detailed instructions for each PowerBook / iBook is listed in Apple Customer Installable Parts (http://www.info.apple.com/usen/cip/).

Ozi
22nd July 2004, 03:28 PM
Yup I just read through the guide, and it looks easy as to do. The guide explains everything, and you only need a coin and a screwdriver to do it. Thanks for the link. :)