PDA

View Full Version : Bag/Sleeve for 17"

Thommo_87
19th April 2010, 09:24 PM
Well, whilst waiting for my shiney new 17" to arrive i have been looking at some bags to put it in.

I have a crumpler camera bag and swear by them, I am looking at the Horseman and Dreadful Embarrassment. I think the horseman might be too big though.

Has anyone used these bags? Could you give me a rough idea of size/what they hold.

And does anyone know of a nice leather sleeve for a 17"

Akshunhiro
19th April 2010, 09:55 PM
I just bought an Incase Neoprene sleeve for my 17" unibody and it fits quite well. Not sure how it'll go for protection against knocks and bumps but as far as scratches, it'll be well looked after.

Just had a quick browse on the Apple store online and it's received rave reviews. I didn't do alot of research into the product though so not sure what else may compare.

I also have a STM Alley bag from when I had my 12" Powerbook but obviously I can't use that with the MacBook Pro.

Although, I ended up dropping the bag with the Powerbook in it from a small height (maybe 60cm) and it still copped a nice big dent in the corner.

gehenna
19th April 2010, 09:58 PM
I've got a messenger bag for my 17" but I really wish I'd got a backpack instead. The 17" isn't heavy compared to other brand 17" laptops, but it is pretty heavy when you're carrying it around over your shoulder for an hour on the way to work and another on the way home, or walking around town for a while.

EDIT: I should also add that I don't use a sleeve for the MBP. It lives in a padded section of the messenger bag when it's not in use so I didn't see the point in an additional sleeve. If you get yourself a bag with adequate protection for the MBP you can probably save yourself some cash on the sleeve, or put the money you were going to spend on it towards a better bag. The aluminium is very strong, after a couple of years I still have no scratches or markings at all.

shadowground
19th April 2010, 10:00 PM
i'd personally recommend the Tucano Second Skin Microfibre Case (http://store.apple.com/au/product/TX045ZM/A?n=17_inch_macbook_pro&fnode=MTY1NDA2Ng&mco=MTU0NjgyODM&s=topSellers)

It's soft, holds the notebook in place well and definitely will protect it from scratches due to the soft lining/lack of uncovered stitching.

currently use one for my 15" MBP