PDA

View Full Version : [Updated] 3G to be released April 30 in US

tom5955
19th April 2010, 04:39 PM
Just looked on the Apple site and the 3G is shipping in the US on the 7th of May for all those who are ordering one from there!

tcn33
19th April 2010, 04:42 PM
That's hopefully just for new orders - same thing happened to the wifi one (date slipped to April 12 at one point). My order still says it's shipping "late April".

tom5955
19th April 2010, 04:48 PM
Ah ok. So if I am about to order it now do you think i'll get it May 7th or earlier?

decryption
19th April 2010, 04:49 PM
Ah ok. So if I am about to order it now do you think i'll get it May 7th or earlier?

If you order now, it will ship May 7th.

tom5955
19th April 2010, 04:50 PM
Damn knew I should have ordered earlier

leoleakey
19th April 2010, 04:52 PM
feel so happy i ordered in the morning, feel so good now

tom5955
19th April 2010, 05:09 PM
feel so happy i ordered in the morning, feel so good now

How are you getting yours here? I'm hoping comGateway will come through for me.

wolfie
19th April 2010, 05:19 PM
ive also got a order running through comgateway, however was about to buy through anthony as i expect this order to fail, despite an apple ackndolwdgement email.

wrina
19th April 2010, 05:47 PM
I got a massive fright when i first saw it but then realised it was for late orders, still annoying that they haven't released a specific date but.

motef
19th April 2010, 08:05 PM
The website actually says "Ships: By May 7th" so it may be earlier.

Stez
19th April 2010, 08:09 PM
Pretty confusing, I don't think anyone is 100% on whether this is new orders or all.

DJY
19th April 2010, 08:54 PM
Fingers crossed for me then!
I fly out to Florida on 10 May... arriving late at night.
Plan to head straight to an Apple store on Tue 11 May!

I'm assuming my Aussie credit card will work fine in store over there...
just unsure of the activation process (I only have an Aust Apple ID), and then in turn buying apps (less worried about this though - so I have seen apps already in the Aussie iTunes.

Anyone with an iPad able to help me with the activation question?

wolfie
19th April 2010, 09:11 PM
just got email

To Our Valued Apple Customer:

Thank you for your recent order of the magical and revolutionary
iPad 3G.

We would like to confirm that your order will be shipped in late
April as communicated at the time you placed your order. You will
receive a confirmation notice when your order has shipped.

You can get up-to-date information about your order, including
shipping status and tracking number, at Apple Order Status (http://www.apple.com/orderstatus)

Thank you for choosing Apple.

Sincerely,
The Apple Store Team

basically if you ordered it before today, you shall get it late april.

tom5955
19th April 2010, 09:11 PM
Pretty confusing, I don't think anyone is 100% on whether this is new orders or all.

Hmm the titles of articles about it make it seem like everything is shipping on May 7th, but then from there it gets a little confusing about whether its late April for the first ones or not.

Fedgrub
19th April 2010, 09:57 PM
Fingers crossed for me then!
I fly out to Florida on 10 May... arriving late at night.
Plan to head straight to an Apple store on Tue 11 May!

I'm assuming my Aussie credit card will work fine in store over there...
just unsure of the activation process (I only have an Aust Apple ID), and then in turn buying apps (less worried about this though - so I have seen apps already in the Aussie iTunes.

Anyone with an iPad able to help me with the activation question?

Unless you have specified to your bank otherwise, your card will work over there.

Activation should work fine. Its not region locked, they are just trying to keep the products selling to Americans at the moment. Whether you bring it to here or Norway, it doesnt matter to them. They cant police it that far and they are not going to tell customers they cant take it out of the country.

DJY
20th April 2010, 11:35 PM
Unless you have specified to your bank otherwise, your card will work over there.

Activation should work fine. Its not region locked, they are just trying to keep the products selling to Americans at the moment. Whether you bring it to here or Norway, it doesnt matter to them. They cant police it that far and they are not going to tell customers they cant take it out of the country.

Thanks mate... was just brainstorming the other night trying to predict problems. I didn't want to get over there - buy one - and then not be able to activate it without a US iTunes account!

Mmm I have my flights and hotel booked... so maybe I should start buying up iPad apps!

OziMac
21st April 2010, 12:43 AM
Released at 5pm 30 April.

iPad Wi-Fi + 3G Models Available in US on April 30 (http://www.apple.com/pr/library/2010/04/20ipad.html)

Perhaps someone can update the thread title?

tcn33
21st April 2010, 05:54 AM
Done.

Fedgrub
21st April 2010, 08:12 AM
Thanks mate... was just brainstorming the other night trying to predict problems. I didn't want to get over there - buy one - and then not be able to activate it without a US iTunes account!

Mmm I have my flights and hotel booked... so maybe I should start buying up iPad apps!

No problems dude. If you're worried, I would call your bank and tell them you plan on using it overseas. That way you can be double sure.

mitty
21st April 2010, 08:51 AM
I wonder if this good news of an earlier 3G means they might be available earlier in Oz?

wolfie
21st April 2010, 09:01 AM
Haha this isn't earlier!
Infact they are JUST making their deadline for late April release for preorders.
You cannot go any later!!!
If anything I say this is bad news for worldwide release as obviously stock and demand is such a issue, I really expect international 3g to be launched very end of may to stick to promise but gives them time, may even creep into beggining June.

tcn33
22nd April 2010, 11:52 AM
My card was authorised for the purchase amount on my 32GB 3G today. Still wouldn't expect to see it ship until early next week, but any progress is good :)