PDA

View Full Version : Ical Sync

emacmark
31st August 2005, 01:29 PM
Hi all,

I am trying, unsuccessfully, to work out how to keep my iBook iCal the same as my eMac iCal.
Is there a way to setup the iBook iCal to sync with the eMac iCal?
I generally use my eMac as the "master" iCal.
I have the eMac connected to the internet via usb modem (NT1+2) and share this connection with the iBook via Airport.
I connect the iBook to the eMac via Airport card to Airport card network.
Any suggestions????
Thanks
Mark

Disko
31st August 2005, 01:33 PM
ical does have a "Publish" option with the choice of .mac or "private server" - I wonder how to setup the private server to accept ical information. Maybe thats the way to go?

Disko
31st August 2005, 01:52 PM
I did a quick look on macupdate and found this: http://www.macupdate.com/info.php/id/19100

Description:
One of the best features of iPhoto and iTunes is their ability to quickly and easily share playlists and photos among computers on a small network without any configuration thanks to Apple's Zeroconf/Rendezvous/OpenTalk/Bonjour network auto-configuration technology. iCal, however, sorely lacks this feature. CalTalk fills the gap by making it almost as easy to share, browse, and subscribe to iCal calendars as it is iPhoto albums and iTunes playlists. Simply install CalTalk on your computers, check "Share my calendars" to share your own calendars, and double-click the names of other peoples' calendars you want to subscribe to.

What's New:
Version 1.1:CalTalk shares can now be password protected.
On Tiger, CalTalk now uses hostnames instead of IP addresses when opening network calendars in iCal. This should make CalTalk work for computers with dynamic IP addresses.Requirements:
Mac OS X 10.3 or later, iCal 1.5 or later.

emacmark
31st August 2005, 01:53 PM
I uploaded a Home.ics to my bigpond home website via cyberduck. But iCal cannot upload to this site for some reason.

Thanks Disko

Mark

emacmark
31st August 2005, 01:55 PM
am downloading caltalk now and will see how it goes

Thanks

Mark

emacmark
31st August 2005, 02:04 PM
Coooolll!!!!!

Thanks Disko.
Does exactly what I want and really easy too.
Will bookmark that website too.

Mark