PDA

View Full Version : Huawei MobilePartner (dashboard)

Kuzzo
15th April 2010, 02:57 PM
Hi all

Has anyone had trouble getting the Mobile Partner application to launch on Snow Leopard. I've tried three different versions (four in fact). The only one that I could get to launch successfully was the version that Virgin Broadband have, but it doesn't support SMS features. The other three versions I've tried are:
v11.301.09.07.261
v11.301.11.00.03
v13.305.06.03.74
All came via the Huawei Devices web site, from different areas. There was also the version that came on the Optus supplied E1762 USB modem, but that was a failure, just like the others.
All that happens when I launch Mobile Partner is it sits at the startup splash screen. It'll stay that way all day or until I quit it. There are no options available in the Menu bar, only Quit and About functions.

I am able to connect the modem using the Network pane in Preferences (the Apple dialer), but not the dashboard (or SMS features). So it's not a connection issue needing resolve, its the dashboard issue.

I'd be very appreciative if anyone has had a similar issue and resolved it.

Thanks
Stephen

I've just tried another version of Mobile Partner that I found, v11.301.06.00.51. Same trouble as the others, just stays at the startup splash screen.

Exocet
15th April 2010, 04:20 PM
Give this one a crack:
Thursday How-To: Huawei Mobile Broadband & Snow Leopard | MacTalk Australia (http://www.mactalk.com.au/2009/09/03/thursday-how-to-huawei-mobile-broadband-snow-leopard/)

Kuzzo
19th April 2010, 03:00 PM
Thanks Exocet, but that was one of the first things I tried after searching the forums for a solution.

None of the versions of Mobile Partner I've found would launch (except the Virgin version).

Cheers

Jaffa
19th April 2010, 03:37 PM
Don't know if this helps, but the latest vodafone one worked for me under snow leopard with all the new features including the sms feature. Maybe optus have an up to date version floating around somewhere?

Kuzzo
20th April 2010, 07:17 AM
Thanx Jaffa

I've just found the Voda downloads. I'll see what happens with this.

cheers

Kuzzo
20th April 2010, 09:39 AM
Well, I found the Vodafone application and have installed it.

It runs fine, but sadly, only works with a Vodafone sim. So far, I've not been able to work out how to overcome this, there appears to be no settings that will allow the application to be modified so it will allow other sim cards to operate.

Kuzzo
20th April 2010, 10:25 AM
Don't know if this helps, but the latest vodafone one worked for me under snow leopard with all the new features including the sms feature. Maybe optus have an up to date version floating around somewhere?

Are you connected to the Voda network, or some other?

Jaffa
20th April 2010, 07:14 PM
I used the voda software on the voda network on snow leopard, and everything worked. Since then I have sold the USB stick though. Sorry I can't help further.

Kuzzo
22nd April 2010, 01:58 PM
Well, I stumbled across the reason my Mobile Partner wasn't launching.......

I was having trouble with another application and the fix for that was to remove a Java file, crimson.jar

After doing this (some time later) I tried the Mobile Partner application again to check something. Viola, Mobile Partner worked. Slow, but worked none the less. Now I just need to get hold of the latest Optus version (in disgust I removed mine from the stick)

Hope this is of some help to anyone else out there experiencing the same sympton I was.

Cheers