PDA

View Full Version : How to get users subscribing to my site?

Antonino Giglio
15th April 2010, 11:32 AM
Hi guys,

I've a website/blog vision4ourcities.com/lam (http://vision4ourcities.com/lam) based on wordpress.org and would like my clients to subscribe to my newsletters.

Now I'm using feedburner but I'm not 100% convinced as they can only insert their emails and not their names.

What could you suggest me using?

Thank you very much!!!

Balthazar
15th April 2010, 11:48 AM
Just visited your site,

i can't see how to subscribe,

You need to make your navigation more prominent, less wordy.

Short Concise Navigation links like, [NEWS] [PHOTOS] [SUBSCRIBE] etc... let the user know where it will take them.

Also try to keep the navigation in common places, above or below banners in the header for example.

Have a look at websites you frequent for idea's

Brains
15th April 2010, 02:49 PM
Further tip: install the Readability (http://lab.arc90.com/experiments/readability/) bookmarklet and then have a look at your page with it. If it looks better in Readability, your design needs work.

Antonino Giglio
15th April 2010, 05:36 PM
Thanks guys for your precious suggestions.
But I need to know different ways that exist for my clients to subscribe to my newsletter.
Balthazar, what do you mean you could find how to subscribe?
I mentioned "subscribe to newsletter" so maybe look under NEWSLETTER :D

Balthazar
15th April 2010, 11:54 PM
Sorry,

Ive had another look and i still cant see a Newsletter, let alone how to subscribe, i think i must be looking at the wrong page, Is the link in your signature?

jdagis
16th April 2010, 06:34 AM
His links are at the top of the page and work fine

Balthazar
16th April 2010, 07:59 AM
My Apologies,

I was looking at: http://vision4ourcities.com/

Antonino Giglio
16th April 2010, 03:41 PM
Sorry,

Ive had another look and i still cant see a Newsletter, let alone how to subscribe, i think i must be looking at the wrong page, Is the link in your signature?

the link is the one i put in the post!!!

Living Architecture Melbourne (http://vision4ourcities.com/lam/)

anyway, i don't need to know about my present subscription option but the potential of other subscription options other than feedburner... :p

Antonino Giglio
16th April 2010, 03:43 PM
So guys, I'm a bit confused....

So far no-one has suggested me any alternatives to feedburner but you have been chatting about my current subscription link on my website... :p

Any suggestions on best way to subscribe clients to newsletters? Thanks! :)

Balthazar
16th April 2010, 03:59 PM
I have found Facebook to be an excellent way to engage visitors,

Also perhaps provide an example on your subscribe page as to what the content of the newsletter is.

Antonino Giglio
19th April 2010, 04:26 PM
Not everyone likes Facebook especially councils and government and not everyone like susbcribing to it too....

Balthazar
19th April 2010, 04:47 PM
Not everyone likes Facebook especially councils and government and not everyone like susbcribing to it too....

Ok i give up,

Ive given all the advise i have, going to pass this one over to the multitude of much better suited/experienced members of this forum for suggestions.

(Might i recommend a "thanks anyway for trying" as an incentive to post a reply, not feeling much love atm and im only trying to help :p)

Antonino Giglio
20th April 2010, 11:40 AM
Ohhh c'mon bro! Don't be upset! :P

I've specifically asked something alternative to feedburner to subscribe my clients.

So far I haven't received any suggestion in regard to the specific question.

I apologize, maybe it is just my english... :(

schwatted
21st April 2010, 03:44 PM
Antonino why do you need to have their names included? If they are subscribing to your newsletter I would have thought that was enough? If you are wishing to target certain companies/ individuals then there are other means freely available to obtain that information.

gehenna
21st April 2010, 03:49 PM
Pretty sure that if you're going to be storing peoples names and contact details (read: email) then you need to have a disclaimer that the user can agree to, and you need to be able to take reasonable steps to secure that data, otherwise you can leave yourself open to legal action.

Antonino Giglio
21st April 2010, 10:03 PM
Ohhh ok guys! Thanks for your suuggestions! :)