PDA

View Full Version : ripping movies to be ipad compatible.

wolfie
14th April 2010, 07:06 PM
hi, im looking into ripping dvds to be put onto itunes then onto the ipad.
ive got handbrake, for those that do understand about ripping... ( i have no idea as im still learning as i never done this before, and overwhelmed by all the options )

can you please help me, which settings will guirantee to work on the ipad using handbrake ( preferably confirmation by those who already have the ipad and synced movies ) and ideally remove the black bars when viewing.

secondly if i convert movies into ipad format, are tey still watchable through itunes on the laptop?

thanks.

LevMac
14th April 2010, 07:21 PM
Hi there,

In Handbrake, use the "Universal" preset to encode your movies, which then answers your second question, it will also be watchable in iTunes and also be on your iPad ;)

Balthazar
14th April 2010, 07:24 PM
Do you want to sync them for out of the house watching or just in the house, have you considered About Air Video (http://www.inmethod.com/air-video/index.html;jsessionid=52330631248CAA6A655FEB9037C8 5B2B)

Or something like this?

wolfie
14th April 2010, 07:45 PM
ild like to have them on the ipad ( when it gets released for portable out of home use )

im ripping my first one, using handbrake/ universal settings.
a google search shows some using apple tv preset, some universal preset, and i cant distinguish which one is better.