PDA

View Full Version : Pre-orders and Reservations.

Fedgrub
14th April 2010, 09:52 AM
Hey guys,

With pre-orders and reservations in the past, has Apple always offered both? Or do they sometimes only offer pre-orders?

Just curious because I want to be able to go to the Chermside store and pick it up, but I also want to wait in line with no doubt in my head I will have one there for me. I know the chances of missing out are slim to none, but I cant take that risk! haha.

I dont want a pre-order to be delivered as deliveries have always let me down with delays in the past and want to be in the store to collect it. Chermside is convinient (and there's Hanaichis there for afterwards)

kevinnugent
14th April 2010, 11:11 AM
Hey guys,

With pre-orders and reservations in the past, has Apple always offered both? Or do they sometimes only offer pre-orders?

Just curious because I want to be able to go to the Chermside store and pick it up, but I also want to wait in line with no doubt in my head I will have one there for me. I know the chances of missing out are slim to none, but I cant take that risk! haha.

I dont want a pre-order to be delivered as deliveries have always let me down with delays in the past and want to be in the store to collect it. Chermside is convinient (and there's Hanaichis there for afterwards)

I thunk this was a first, but it seemed to work pretty well in the States (I reserved and was out of the 14st store with iPad in hand 24 mins after opening.... And I only lined up for an hour beforehand) and it was fun to be there for the release... Even though the staff embarrass the shit out of you!

nando
14th April 2010, 11:26 AM
And I only lined up for an hour beforehand) and it was fun to be there for the release... Even though the staff embarrass the shit out of you!

how do they embarrass you? do they make u to say "I am happy" out loud?
it was embarrassing when they run like crazy when stores open... but embarrassing for them ;)

Fedgrub
14th April 2010, 11:53 AM
I don't give a shit what they make me do, just get me an iPad!

nando
14th April 2010, 12:30 PM
I don't give a shit what they make me do, just get me an iPad!

ehehheh me too !

Once i told my wife that to talk to the geniuses u HAVE to address them as geniuses ehehe ! maybe this time it will be for real!...hahahah:D