PDA

View Full Version : Telstra T-Hub

DaveOZ
14th April 2010, 08:26 AM
This made me laugh hard.

Telstra joins iPad fray with T-Hub (http://www.smh.com.au/digital-life/hometech/telstra-joins-ipad-fray-with-thub-20100414-s83p.html)

NORMANDY
14th April 2010, 10:27 AM
this is the only thing that come to mind reading that story...

http://www.samizdata.net/blog/~pdeh/epicFAIL.jpg

dopus
14th April 2010, 10:49 AM
Haven't read the article yet, but that picture got a great laugh in the office :-). Thanks..

decryption
14th April 2010, 10:52 AM
hahaha, the T-Hub is okay, but it's not even in the same league as the iPad.

MissionMan
14th April 2010, 11:12 AM
Do they have competitions at Telstra to see who can come up with the worst idea and then go out and market it? If it wasn't for their superior coverage, Telstra would have nothing going for them.

bennettnz
14th April 2010, 12:14 PM
This a truly mystifying move by Telstra, I've tried to find a positive but I honestly can't see what this device offers except a massive drain on your wallet. Are they stuck in some sort of bad tech alternate universe?

BiRDBRAiN
14th April 2010, 01:07 PM
It's hardware like that, which helps make devices like the iPad look even better LOL.

drzeus
14th April 2010, 02:46 PM
It is amazing that a corporation with Telstra's massive R&D budget can consistently come up with so many bad ideas that even a 12 year old work experience student can see will never take off.

Their obsession with becoming a media company and content provider still astounds me. Stick to what you do...Networks! They so desperately want to cash in on the content provision market they keep coming up with ways to keep people in their walled garden and fail miserably every time...perhaps they think that with 1000 ideas one might eventually work out...

DaveOZ
14th April 2010, 02:51 PM
The device may not be so bad, I've not played with one but to think it will take sales away from the iPad is silly. Perhaps it is just bad journalism again.

bitingmammal
14th April 2010, 03:23 PM
I don't really see the problem with Telstra's product. It's more the story that's the problem - comparing T-Hub to the iPad is stupid as they are completely different products for different purposes.

I think the T-Hub sounds like a good idea for the purpose it's been designed for - an information portal connected to a landline that the family can use in a central location in the home. This is not what the iPad is designed for.

MissionMan
14th April 2010, 04:07 PM
The device may not be so bad, I've not played with one but to think it will take sales away from the iPad is silly. Perhaps it is just bad journalism again.

News.com.au and bad journalism? Never! :p

Probably the worst tech journalists on this planet

alvse
14th April 2010, 04:09 PM
news.com.au have journalists???? Since when? I thought they still ran a shed full of monkeys....

El Guardo
14th April 2010, 06:44 PM
The JooJoo finally has a 'killer' - other than Michael Arrington.

Gio
14th April 2010, 07:30 PM
Im pretty sure the T-Hub made an appearance here about 6 months ago when it was announced. So once again journalists found a link to iPad. I wonder if there are suicides at the T-Hub factory?

antzzz
14th April 2010, 10:57 PM
Not even comparable to the iPad - not a bad idea from Telstra, just a bit of dodgy execution - the same goes for the T-Box (their IPTV box)... Should have been left to their Foxtel subsidiary.

I think the land line is dead as far as voice calling goes...

The current Telstra CEO is a huge Apple fan, so we should be seeing some good plans come with the iPad from these guys - he's really stepped up their iPhone support since taking over as well... proof is in the pudding.