PDA

View Full Version : WiFi problems how bad is it?

PCKid
9th April 2010, 08:27 PM
This seem to be being discussed a lot. In my case the house is all Wireless N and 2 iMacs, a Media Centre PC, my iPhone and a Sony PSP all run comfortably off it. Has anyone had home issues with their US bought iPads?

kevinnugent
9th April 2010, 08:41 PM
I did initially, but reconfigured my router to just use one band rather than dual bands. Seems to have done the trick. Both ipads working fine everywhere in the house now.

TheKeddi
9th April 2010, 08:52 PM
No problems at all here. Connected the first time and it's flawless for me and I have
18 inch thick walls!!!

jboy
9th April 2010, 10:36 PM
General browsing is great for me but I am finding YouTube a bit hit and miss. I can't work out whether its the iPad, my wireless, or just the fact that some of these vids are HD and bandwidth heavy. Can someone else with an ipad search YouTube for "astroboy" and see if they can play the HD trailer?

I have a brand new airport extreme and ADSL synching at north of 1200 Kbps (so pretty fast). I see issues when I am in the same room as the router.

TheKeddi
9th April 2010, 11:08 PM
I was watching YouTube on mine today. Some videos work and some are painfully slow to come in.

I have adsl 1 and an airport extreme. Hope this helps!!!

jboy
9th April 2010, 11:34 PM
Thanks TheKeddi, handy to know its not just me. How great are these ipads?!?!?!?! :)

ianpgonzaga
10th April 2010, 08:22 AM
I did initially, but reconfigured my router to just use one band rather than dual bands. Seems to have done the trick. Both ipads working fine everywhere in the house now.

so what band are you using instead of dual to have it work better? g or n?

decryption
10th April 2010, 09:22 AM
I run my AirPort Extreme in dual band mode (2.4GHz 802.11g and 5GHz 802.11n) and it works fine on my iPad - full signal and speed all over the house.

kevinnugent
10th April 2010, 09:38 AM
so what band are you using instead of dual to have it work better? g or n?

I put it on g and it now works fine. Its a Belkin N1Vision so maybe not having an Apple product doesn't help. I'll try changing the band later (when I can walk again) and see which is better.

entropy
10th April 2010, 09:48 AM
edit: i changed my mind