PDA

View Full Version : Wanna see an iPad? Be at Fed Square this afternoon.

decryption
9th April 2010, 10:35 AM
I've gotta head into the city today, so I thought I'd let some more Apple nerds who haven't seen an iPad yet check it out.

From 12:30 @ Fed Square, until I get bored. in the atrium (the entrance opposite the Forum theater because the iPad doesn't do so well in sunlight) I'll be there with iPad :)

mitty
9th April 2010, 10:40 AM
Yay Anthony! Will be there :)

Lutze
9th April 2010, 11:17 AM
Is your iPad going to be like a news worthy celebrity and make it's way over here (Perth) any time soon? ;)

Exocet
9th April 2010, 11:35 AM
Just log out of my twitter for me, if you would be so kind? :P

decryption
9th April 2010, 11:46 AM
Just log out of my twitter for me, if you would be so kind? :P

haha, did that already :p

mitty
9th April 2010, 11:57 AM
Still can't believe ACA (or more to the point, stupid Tracey Grimshaw) claimed to have the only ipad in Australia. Wench.

Leopard
9th April 2010, 12:22 PM
I hope that iPad has an I Mack on,so it don't get Wet.:p

iCantwait
9th April 2010, 12:57 PM
be there soon!

decryption
9th April 2010, 01:20 PM
I'm only gonna be here until about 1:30, so you better hurry!

nibbles
9th April 2010, 01:24 PM
Still can't believe ACA (or more to the point, stupid Tracey Grimshaw) claimed to have the only ipad in Australia. Wench.

I know I thought of anthony's one and when they were showing footage of different iPad things I thought Anthony might appear on there as well.

mitty
9th April 2010, 01:26 PM
Me with Anthony's Ipad :)

Me with something cool #ipad ! on Twitpic (http://twitpic.com/1e70e1)

Forget anything I said about waiting. I want one NOW. Goddamit.

Mafesto
9th April 2010, 01:26 PM
Thanks Anthony, that is one sweet device. Cant wait to get my hands on on here when they are out.

mitty
9th April 2010, 01:38 PM
Keyboard was great. Feels great in the hand. all the apps seem awesome. We tried installing an iphone app to see what it was like (tramtracker!) and it all works fine but looks just a bit strange in pixel doubled mode, but definitely useable.

For browsing the web it's simply beautiful, with the well known lack of flash being the only slight showstopper. The zoom is even better than on the iphone because you've got so much more room to move.

My only major critique is that you'll need to carry a cloth with you everywhere you go as the screen does seem to smudge pretty easy. Though poor Anthony's ipad has probably been tarting itself around everywhere :)

DaveOZ
9th April 2010, 01:42 PM
Must buy shares in Windex.

insular
9th April 2010, 01:46 PM
I WILL BE IN X PLACE AT X TIME, ROB ME OF MY IPAD PLZZZZZ

:)

TheKeddi
9th April 2010, 01:51 PM

Yeah. My niece laughed when she saw it and said " no your not! TheKeddi has one too!" lol

I hate the television news that think they can get away with uninformed crap all the time!

mitty
9th April 2010, 02:07 PM
Now I'm having ipad withdrawals. Going back to the tiny iphone screen is a tad torturous!