PDA

View Full Version : Ipad gets a mention on Today Tonight

Chief911
8th April 2010, 06:41 PM
Anyone see the story on Today Tonight just then, Anthony's trip got a mention....

Leopard
8th April 2010, 06:51 PM
Yep, theirs a longer story tonight on a current Affair in ten mins.

wazza3gs
8th April 2010, 06:56 PM
A Current Affair will get a mention on Media Watch for sure over that story. Several Mactalk members have had ipads delivered. ACA ipad may not necessarily be the first in Australia. Where did they get the price from starting from $600 mark. Poor journalism unconfirmed facts.

wholikespotatoes
8th April 2010, 07:03 PM
Poor journalism unconfirmed facts.

Made me laugh :D

Chief911
8th April 2010, 07:03 PM
any idea where the video for the ACA report is...

im looking, i missed it!

Jinkst
8th April 2010, 07:08 PM
Poor journalism unconfirmed facts.

Well it is ACA...

tintinaujapon
8th April 2010, 07:15 PM
Did they call the iPad a dole bludging, single mother, alcoholic and drug addicted antisocial queue-jumping illegal immigrant tablet computing device which needs to lose weight and get bigger breasts?

Chief911
8th April 2010, 07:21 PM
Did they call the iPad a dole bludging, single mother, alcoholic and drug addicted antisocial queue-jumping illegal immigrant tablet computing device which needs to lose weight and get bigger breasts?

LOL hahahhahaha

not yet but i'm sure there saving it for next week

wazza3gs
8th April 2010, 07:22 PM
Basic summary of ACA report. Stand out the front of apple store George street with an ipad claim its the first in AUS. Make up a starting price gauge peoples reaction to the ipad and play youtube clips from the American launch. Through in the HP slate ad just not to seem biased. Dont get me wrong i love the Ipad and I will be one of the first at George street store to get one. The coverage was nothing we didnt already know.

Leopard
8th April 2010, 07:50 PM
Yes,it might be poor journalism but who cares,some people
here need to loosen up.If Mr Jobs took a Dump in an Apple
box some of you here would Queue overnight..;)

scruffie
8th April 2010, 08:13 PM
jobs did a dump in an apple box? where? i'll buy 5!

entropy
8th April 2010, 09:05 PM
A current affair (http://video.ninemsn.com.au/video.aspx?vid=edc70de1-2694-45e6-9f5a-bab239fe1d7a)

Today tonight (http://au.todaytonight.yahoo.com/latest) (flash video on right of page)

Chief911
8th April 2010, 09:17 PM
cheers man, been looking for that video...

wonder if they were first, or our man anthony the iPad mule as he is refereed to on the podcast was first...

mitty
8th April 2010, 10:06 PM
Oh god, it's Alex hyphenated-surname-zoot or whatever. He's the next Peter Blasina. i think he was here at some point in the past during the iphone launch.

Stez
8th April 2010, 10:15 PM
Oh god, it's Alex hyphenated-surname-zoot or whatever. He's the next Peter Blasina. i think he was here at some point in the past during the iphone launch.

LOL. Australia doesn't need another Peter Blasina. The people that think they know it all (and the press shows them that way, too) but in the end they're not any more tech savvy then anyone else on this forum with more then 300 posts.

led-zep
8th April 2010, 10:23 PM
oh the ACA coverage was woeful. It looked so awkward, delivered poorly and just no sense of...i cant even finish what i want to say its just bad. Why don't Australian TV shows know how to cover technology? in comparision to the US, colbert report, john stewart, jimmy fallon and even their news shows (yes even fox) have pretty good coverage and discussion on Tech, especially Apple news.

Its just embarrassing here i swear. When i see these i cringe and it shows how backward we are in most cases.

Ecto1
8th April 2010, 10:57 PM
LOL. Australia doesn't need another Peter Blasina.

Ahhh yes, Pete. He was on the morning show the other day talking about the iPad. Yet he did not have one to show. At least ACA have one up on 7.

Jinkst
9th April 2010, 05:41 AM
oh the ACA coverage was woeful. It looked so awkward, delivered poorly and just no sense of...i cant even finish what i want to say its just bad. Why don't Australian TV shows know how to cover technology? in comparision to the US, colbert report, john stewart, jimmy fallon and even their news shows (yes even fox) have pretty good coverage and discussion on Tech, especially Apple news.

Its just embarrassing here i swear. When i see these i cringe and it shows how backward we are in most cases.

Yeah the coverage seemed to be moreso about the hype surrounding iPad than the device itself. But then that is ACA...

I am in shock they said they were the only ones with one in Aus... How blinkered.

decryption
9th April 2010, 06:04 AM
I can't bring myself to watch this shit... only iPad in Australia? Fucking retarded monkeys.