PDA

View Full Version : Looking for SMS app.

vegemite_kidz
7th April 2010, 06:49 PM
Hi Everyone,

I'm here in the hope that someone can help me in my search. I've recently moved into an OPTUS blackspot which had totally devastated me until I realised that I can access the home network (d'oh) with my iPhone. This is fine for late night bed-browsing however I'm sick of searching for that elusive signal to see if I have any SMS messages. There are many apps out there that supposedly will allow me to SMS via the Wi-Fi hookup but I only want to download the one that works; and works well. Can anyone point me in the right direction? I've looked at the iTunes store but I'm starting to see double so I've got my fingers crossed that somebody can help me out.

Many, many thanks.

Michelle :)

lord
7th April 2010, 08:28 PM
There is no app that will allow you to receive messages via an internet connection. Being a tack on to the side of the voice service, the text service is completely isolated from the internet.

The apps out there simply let you send via a sms-web portal.

jamferma
7th April 2010, 11:11 PM
I use ping, but the other person has to have an iphone and ping as well..... its free to send and just uses ur data of wifi

amie17
10th April 2010, 09:20 PM
either ping or textplus are your best bets. although as someone mentioned earlier the other iphone user has to have the app installed.

i use this to also text my friends for free overseas :)

incanspyder
10th April 2010, 11:57 PM
uh, skype works..