PDA

View Full Version : HP to release competitor HP Slate

MissionMan
7th April 2010, 12:41 PM
It has a higher spec, but its running Windows 7 which is bound to make it about as quick as the victoria's response to black saturday.

HP Slate to cost $549, have 1.6GHz Atom Z530, 5 hour battery? -- Engadget (http://www.engadget.com/2010/04/05/hp-slate-to-cost-549-have-1-6ghz-atom-z530-5-hour-battery/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+weblogsinc%2Fengadget+%28Enga dget%29#thankYou)

Balthazar
7th April 2010, 12:51 PM
as quick as the victoria's response to black saturday.

..too soon?

El Guardo
7th April 2010, 01:00 PM
I'm guessing the 5 hours battery life is 'optimistic'. And that's before you visit a site with Flash which, already, has been found to cut battery life in half (http://www.engadget.com/2010/04/05/fusion-garage-joojoo-review/)...

Rust
7th April 2010, 01:49 PM
Personally, i think Apple nailed it with the iPhone OS on the iPad...If i wanted a tablet to run a full blown windows OS where i have to wait 2 minutes to boot up, login wait for it to load all the crap and then run my apps and wait for those to load i may as well log into my macbook/desktop PC...Honestly tablets are nothing new and have been around with full blown OS's for ages...I've got one in the cupboard collecting dust with 2GB RAM and Win 7 RC and yet i'm counting the days until Apple launch the iPad because of its ease of use, instant on access to my rich multimedia content all with the intuitive touch that the iPhone spoiled us with...It's really not a comparison...The "touch" factor on a windows 7 device running a full desktop OS will eventually ware off unless you need a tablet for something specific (notes or graphics etc) but the iPad has made the touch interface a way of enjoying your content such as news, books, games and music apps (in my case) for everyone else thats actually trying to avoid jumping on a laptop/desktop or staring at a small iPhone screen. Just my 2c :)