PDA

View Full Version : In Car iPad

iShibby
7th April 2010, 07:00 AM
Sorry if this has already been posted, but this is too cool :cool:

YouTube - iPad in Car, Pt. 1, First Ever, SoundMan Car Audio (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rSnIXfoSU6I)

Jinkst
7th April 2010, 07:04 AM
That car will be stolen within hours... Lol. Also is it just me or was the music only coming from the iPad? That's a bit lame, you'd want it hooked into the stereo system for sure.

I heard Hyundai (I think it was them) were going to be shipping iPads as owner's manuals with a new model car they are bringing out. I guess if everywhere's sold out, $30k for an iPad will seem fine to the Apple diehards.

iShibby
7th April 2010, 07:09 AM
That car will be stolen within hours... Lol. Also is it just me or was the music only coming from the iPad? That's a bit lame, you'd want it hooked into the stereo system for sure.

They're gonna spend the next 3 weeks installing it properly with an amp and speakers, will be good to see the progress.

But yeah def gonna get nicked haha

ozerus
7th April 2010, 09:32 AM
although I could be wrong, I'm thinking you'll be able to remove the ipad pretty easily from the car.

I could totally see doing this to a car though, as long as you can remove the ipad

dathnoth
7th April 2010, 10:48 AM
they would wanna upgrade to the 3G iPad for gps support.

If these guys can modify a car this much to fit an iPad, they would know a thing or two about car security to stop the thing getting flogged.

iJohn
7th April 2010, 11:02 AM
Very neat install!

Meh 626
7th April 2010, 11:05 AM
Totally awesome, I'll take one. Best carputer ever, beats a Mac Mini setup.

Jinkst
7th April 2010, 05:30 PM
they would wanna upgrade to the 3G iPad for gps support.

If these guys can modify a car this much to fit an iPad, they would know a thing or two about car security to stop the thing getting flogged.

I don't care what sec alarms etc they have on there, a brick to a window is still a brick to a friggin window lol. It's getting smashed...

Good concept though. And it doesn't really look out of place with alot of newer dashboard styles, which I assumed it would have.

nibbles
7th April 2010, 06:00 PM
How do they sync it? Apple should get together with car makers and put them in more cars, I want to do something similar in my car one day

Bogus Jimmy
7th April 2010, 07:45 PM
I still dream of the day that I have an Apple carputer (integrated iPad looks like the best so far) that syncs via Wi-Fi when I pull in the driveway.