PDA

View Full Version : Citrix now available for iPad

Muzzer
6th April 2010, 01:42 PM
Citrix Systems Products -- Receiver and Dazzle Receiver for iPad (http://www.citrix.com/English/ps2/products/feature.asp?contentID=1864392&ntref=hp_promo_C1)

Great solution for anybody in business!

bartron
6th April 2010, 01:49 PM
Citrix Systems Products -- Receiver and Dazzle Receiver for iPad (http://www.citrix.com/English/ps2/products/feature.asp?contentID=1864392&ntref=hp_promo_C1)

Great solution for anybody in business!

looks good...

One of the first things I thought of with the iPad was remote desktop type applications remembering that it wasn't that long ago that 1024x768 was the standard desktop resolution (and even now, a lot of people still work in that resolution). An iPad and VPN will enable a lot of people to do a lot more than just view documents.

Rust
6th April 2010, 03:20 PM
Yea thats exactly what i was thinking too. This is going to be awesome for when i need to connect to the office quickly without having to boot up my Mac.

snark
6th April 2010, 05:41 PM
But what are you going to do once you're connected? Just look?

Most of the time, you're going to need a mouse and keyboard to do anything useful in the land of Windows, at which point, you would probably have been better off firing up the proper computer.

bennyling
6th April 2010, 06:08 PM
Oh awesome.

This will go down a treat at work! :D

EDIT: Once we actually have iPads, that is -_-

iCameron
6th April 2010, 07:15 PM
But what are you going to do once you're connected? Just look?

Most of the time, you're going to need a mouse and keyboard to do anything useful in the land of Windows, at which point, you would probably have been better off firing up the proper computer.

Such a closed view. I regularly use my phone to do admin duties on my servers. SSH, and RDP/VNC are some of my most frequently used app's. I'd much rather check up on things on my phone when im woken up at 3am then get out of bed and use my computer.

remote access is one of the reasons im going to buy an iPad. You can do with a limited mouse on windows and with the pinch to zoom the clicking around windows on the iPad is no trouble at all.

snark
6th April 2010, 11:09 PM
Perhaps you're more adept than I am.

I do a lot of work via Citrix, but I wouldn't be able to do a tenth of it without a mouse and keyboard.

Maybe if I got my hands on an iPad, I'd change my mind.

Rust
7th April 2010, 11:26 AM
Such a closed view. I regularly use my phone to do admin duties on my servers. SSH, and RDP/VNC are some of my most frequently used app's. I'd much rather check up on things on my phone when im woken up at 3am then get out of bed and use my computer.

remote access is one of the reasons im going to buy an iPad. You can do with a limited mouse on windows and with the pinch to zoom the clicking around windows on the iPad is no trouble at all.

Exactly right...Sometimes its that 3am server reboot or to monitor something that it will really excel with...its those odd requests which as an IT Admin i get ALL the time that this thing will be useful for...

time4magik
10th April 2010, 07:03 PM
so do u just download citrix, and then how do you run windows 7?

snark
10th April 2010, 09:21 PM
so do u just download citrix, and then how do you run windows 7?

Citrix is a remote access client that allows you to run a Windows session on a server, as if you were physically at the machine.