PDA

View Full Version : Most Pointless Accesory Ever?

deadants
28th August 2005, 01:16 PM
I was just browsing around http://www.streetwise.com.au and looking at some new cutting edge products such as:

A USB vacuum clearner.
A square of plastic to sit under your mini for $90.
A foldel peice of plastic to sit over your mini for $105.
A wireless padlock.
A USB Musical Christmas Tree.
A USB Musical Snowman.

What in you opinion is the most pointless/dumbest computer/ipod accessory ever?

Jimbo
28th August 2005, 01:38 PM
probably those 'cd destroyers', 10 bucks for a bit of sandpaper in a blue case! if your c' need that much destroying you can save 10 bucks by bending them in half till they snap.

OziMac
28th August 2005, 01:57 PM
I would have said the iPod Socks - but I disagree that the USB vacuum cleaner is pointless, because for anyone who tries to keep a relatively clean keyboard / desk area, the vacuum cleaner is incredibly useful (I don't own one, but have been meaning to get one for ages). :)

downsys
28th August 2005, 04:19 PM
a rather relative question this is...different people value things differently...

BiRDBRAiN
30th August 2005, 12:12 PM
ROFL, a USB vacuum cleaner would be extremely useful, especially for those of us with toddlers who are getting into using computers, not to mention being able to cleanup those late night "I'm-a-workaholic" munchies :lol:

helloroto
30th August 2005, 12:17 PM
:lol: What about those USB Air Purifiers

rudiger53
30th August 2005, 12:20 PM
Easy. USB powered personal fans. Tiny little things that dont pump any air and all they do is hog a usb port.
Oh, and this one from www.thinkgeek.com. A USB powered Ashtray. WTF!

Johnny Appleseed
31st August 2005, 02:34 AM
Is it possible to have degrees of pointlessness?

purana
31st August 2005, 08:34 AM
Originally posted by deadants@Aug 28 2005, 01:16 PM
A foldel peice of plastic to sit over your mini for $105.

Hey I just got one of those, and it makes the setup alot nicer. Sure it was expensive, but at the end of the day. It's only money and its not like I can get buried with it. Might as well spend some of it.

deadants
31st August 2005, 09:37 AM
I've got a lump of wood in the garrage you can have for $50 hell, I'll even polish it for free. :D

forno
31st August 2005, 09:39 AM
I saw a USB cup warmer someplace :rolleyes:

deadants
31st August 2005, 10:03 AM
How about the Air-Flo Mouse Hand dryer http://www.paramountzone.com/airflowmouse.htm

or the MiniQuarium USB - With Jellyfish http://www.paramountzone.com/miniquariumusb.htm

Quamen
31st August 2005, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by grippon@Aug 31 2005, 09:39 AM
I saw a USB cup warmer someplace :rolleyes:
I could actually see myself using that at work. The amount of times I make myself a coffee or tea and then get distracted by a phonecall and return to a cold drink is starting to annoy me.

Squozen
31st August 2005, 11:24 AM
A guy at work has a USB cup warmer. I asked him if they work and he giggled and said 'erm.. no'. He says it barely gets above room temperature, which is what I'd expect from a 5V supply. He says the neoprene does more to warm the cup than the electrics.

Jimbo
31st August 2005, 11:58 AM
yeah i can't imagine 5v at 500ma could make any sort of heat, hang on thats like 2.5 watts. nice! i'd be hoping for at least 50w to 'warm' a cup of coffee.