PDA

View Full Version : How much do you spend on toys a month?

iphonedev
3rd April 2010, 12:09 PM
Hi Guys,

Just wondering,how much you guys spend on toys per month?

Do set a limit or something or just buy anything and everything impulsively?

I am an impulsive shopper myself,hence curious to know what everyone does?

Cheers

gr8bob
3rd April 2010, 12:27 PM
No it's not normal, get yourself checked. :laugh:

bakeraus
3rd April 2010, 03:11 PM
I don't spend much on gadgets these days. I used to buy at least two a month and it really just got me no where. Now I keep my money for projects ie built a bike finished it today repainted, parts etc..Trying to do more things to get outside and about sick of sitting away on Mac all the time.

Saving up for NZ snow trip this year but a new computer is on the horizon.

melbmac
3rd April 2010, 04:51 PM
Don't set a formal budget.

Just out away my money and treat my self if something comes up that I really like. Usually give it a month or so after I first see it, if I still really want it, I buy it.

Stez
3rd April 2010, 05:10 PM
I don't really have a budget, but I will buy whenever I see something I like, but eventually you have to realise your buying too much, if you are.

Brains
3rd April 2010, 09:33 PM
Hmm ... $200 a year, maybe? I don't require much, and the 120 GB drive in my G3 is still only half full after thirty years ...

Echo63
3rd April 2010, 09:40 PM
I have very expensive hobbies.
Im a Photographer (can claim toys on tax W00T) and collect knives and torches.
i probably spend 5-7k a year on gadgets.

leon
5th April 2010, 05:03 PM
I used to save up my money and purchase a really good quality gadget. I never really impulse buy anything anymore.
Occasionally I see something on eBay and might put a bid of $5 to $10 hoping to get a bargain, but usually I'm outbid.

These days my spending goes something like this.
Pay comes into bank account at 14:00 on payday. At 14:05 100% of my pay is transferred to mortgage. If I want to purchase something I ask the wife for some money as we try to use her pay to live off/pay bills.

black painter
5th April 2010, 07:24 PM
Hi the visa and apple like be too much........ Looking at the ipad to replace the mac book so it goes on the tv with a 2Tb Hdd, The Imac is in the study for burns and the like and tosing up a apple tv for the bed room but hey no partner and no kid so what to spend the over time on ha??

sillydog701
8th April 2010, 07:07 AM
Well, it depends on what you consider as 'toys' or 'gadgets'. Quite a few items I bought can be categorised as 'necessary items'.

I don't really have a set budget, more or less depending on what's available and my mood.