PDA

View Full Version : Flight Control HD on App Store

Lumus
2nd April 2010, 02:07 PM
This just makes me want the iPad even more!!!

iTunes Store - Firemint - Flight Control HD (http://itunes.apple.com/au/app/flight-control-hd/id363727129?mt=8)

boogie
2nd April 2010, 02:45 PM
In a similar vein Harbour Master HD is available for free :cool:

marc
2nd April 2010, 03:08 PM
Looks great.

Definitely one of my first purchases when I get my iPad.

Richie Rich
2nd April 2010, 03:33 PM
FANTASTIC! Purchased, downloaded and just waiting on Mr Agius and his pack of iPads!!! Wooohooo SOOO excited!!! :cool:

gameon
2nd April 2010, 04:45 PM
real racing hd looks awesome as well from firemint

nibbles
2nd April 2010, 06:05 PM
what is flight control?

Vojtin
2nd April 2010, 07:08 PM
hate it, buy one thing two times! (yeah I am not going to do it)

Cassy
2nd April 2010, 08:57 PM
Thats only if you assume its a direct port...which I doubt. I read somewhere that they've added a lot of new features

gameon
2nd April 2010, 09:03 PM
its not really one thing two times, i'm quite certain firemint would not be simply porting flight control to a bigger screen and tacking hd on the end of the title

new game, even though it is the ipad version

im quite happy to buy it again for a much better experience on a better device

Ecto1
2nd April 2010, 09:09 PM
what is flight control?

Are you having a laugh or something? Do you self a favour and get it you wont regret it.

ChrisG
2nd April 2010, 09:29 PM
If you've already bought the iPhone version do you have to pay the full price for the iPad version or can we get it at a discounted price?

Vojtin
2nd April 2010, 09:44 PM
If you've already bought the iPhone version do you have to pay the full price for the iPad version or can we get it at a discounted price?

no you have to pay twice...

Cassy
2nd April 2010, 09:50 PM
It's not really paying twice. It's like saying popcap are making you pay twice for peggle and peggle nights ... (most likelly no one will be familiar with peggle so my example is useless :p)

jesse
3rd April 2010, 09:14 AM
Oh yeah, let the "I'm not paying twice because I bought the original iPhone app a year ago and want a completely new app for free!" crying begin.

Are you serious? They've re-engineered and updated their flagship app to be available on launch day for the iPad and your crying about buying it twice? :confused:

marc
3rd April 2010, 11:14 AM
Oh yeah, let the "I'm not paying twice because I bought the original iPhone app a year ago and want a completely new app for free!" crying begin.

Yeah.

Also, total cost for both versions = AUD$7.18. iPhone apps are such great value. iPad apps will be the same. There's a lot of work bringing some iPhone apps to iPad. It's not a matter of ticking some option when compiling, it's new layout, new features, lots of new code and images... We're talking weeks or months for the full dev team. Do you expect that to be given to you for free (keep in mind you probably paid $1 or so for the original app)?

Comet
3rd April 2010, 11:16 AM
It's bizarre how some have different standards for pricing. These people probably feel that a slab of beer for $40 is a bargain, yet this game is too expensive. A great game like this is always going to be value for money if it's less than AU$10. Can't wait to play this on the iPad! 2 more nights to go :)

Stez
3rd April 2010, 11:56 AM
I'm kinda hoping these iPad prices go down, I think they're just a little too high. Okay fair enough they're for a bigger device but that doesn't mean prices should be bigger. Most devs chose not to make the apps universal, which is bad enough, but why cant they at least keep the prices similar?

Vojtin
3rd April 2010, 01:32 PM

Are you serious? They've re-engineered and updated their flagship app to be available on launch day for the iPad and your crying about buying it twice? :confused:

not crying, just not gonna buy it.

will
3rd April 2010, 02:11 PM
Support and au developer - pay the $!

marc
3rd April 2010, 02:43 PM
Most devs chose not to make the apps universal, which is bad enough, but why cant they at least keep the prices similar?

The iPad apps I've seen so far (and the ones I'm involved in creating) usually have a lot more features than their iPhone counterparts. It's also worth noting that supporting two orientations (portrait and landscape) is a lot of work.