PDA

View Full Version : Bigpond Cable Connection

Wheels
27th August 2005, 06:07 PM
Hi,

I have having trouble connecting to Telstra Bigpond Cable through a router and Telstra has been useless helping me because the connection goes through a router first! Does anybody know where I can go to find help on trying to fix this issue??

With thanks,

Wheels8989

emacmark
27th August 2005, 06:23 PM
The guys at whirlpool seem helpful on these matters

http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/

Mark

Quamen
27th August 2005, 08:24 PM
Did you just get the router or telstra cable? or is this a problem that just suddenly occured?

Which router do you have?

Have you set it up to deal with the telstra heartbeat?

We kinda need more info if we are going to help you out. And yea, it's standard for most ISP's to not provide support for networking. There are way too many variables for the support guys to deal with and it also has nothing at all to do with whether or not your connection is working.

Wheels
27th August 2005, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by Quamen@Aug 27 2005, 08:24 PM
Did you just get the router or telstra cable? or is this a problem that just suddenly occured?

Which router do you have?

Have you set it up to deal with the telstra heartbeat?

We kinda need more info if we are going to help you out. And yea, it's standard for most ISP's to not provide support for networking. There are way too many variables for the support guys to deal with and it also has nothing at all to do with whether or not your connection is working.
Strangely the problem just started this morning and it was working perfectly last night! Nothing has changed and the service is supposed to be working in my area. I am using the Netgear RP114 router and I think it must be set up for the heartbeat thing because it has been working for such a long time. I have the Cable Login program running on a computer which is running Windows 98 (so I understand if you Mac users don't know as much about these!).

I just can't work it out!

Wheels
27th August 2005, 11:55 PM
The issue has now been fixed because I now have set up my router to connect for me. (I didn't know it could!) So thanks for your help!