PDA

View Full Version : iPad guided tour videos are up

tcn33
30th March 2010, 05:16 AM
Apple are stoking the iPad frenzy this morning with the posting of their guided tour video page for the iPad. There are short videos showing a whole bunch of aspects of the software, including Safari, Mail, Photos, Videos and iBooks.

Apple - iPad - Guided Tours (http://www.apple.com/ipad/guided-tours/)

Frame-by-frame analysis for unrevealed info begins... NOW.

Paris
30th March 2010, 06:08 AM
Keynote, Pages and Numbers look better than I expected. More as I ponder it.

Bogus Jimmy
30th March 2010, 07:35 AM
Very well presented videos. Definitely makes me want a 64GB 3G iPad.

I noted that Apple was very careful in their wording all through them (when referencing Mac and PC, iWork and Office, etc).

Is everyone going to need to buy table protectors now that we're all going to sit with our legs crossed and our feet on the table?

TheKeddi
30th March 2010, 08:11 AM
Damn you Apple! More movies makes me more antsy to get one! Hurry up and release them already!

avolve
30th March 2010, 10:42 AM
The forms in Numbers is very interesting - almost like Microsoft access (from memory). Is that an option in the desktop version? Perhaps it will come in iWork10??

Seems that there is not a 'presenters display' when using the iPad to display a keynote presentation. That is unfortunate...

bennettnz
30th March 2010, 11:16 AM
Like many others (we all know who we are) I thought the iPad was a little underwhelming and off the mark when initially released but as sneak peeks of some of new apps have been revealed this week the iPad now looks bloody incredible. I can't wait to play with one and maybe even do some real work on it.

dotnet
30th March 2010, 12:25 PM
Apple - iPad - Guided Tours (http://www.apple.com/ipad/guided-tours/)

It just isn't quite the same without Bob Borchers, is it?

Cheers
Steffen.

mrbrut
30th March 2010, 02:18 PM
Seems that there is not a 'presenters display' when using the iPad to display a keynote presentation. That is unfortunate...

Would you not still use the Keynote Remote app?

avolve
30th March 2010, 03:15 PM
Would you not still use the Keynote Remote app?

Will it work with the iPad is another Q

I also like the presenter display as well - I often have speaker notes on the screen.

jack112006
30th March 2010, 04:46 PM
Presenter display on iPad was something I really wanted - as others have said, having notes, a preview of the next slide and a running time is really helpful. The lack of presenter display is a disappointment. However, everything else looks phenomenal. I am a bit surprised there wasn't a video on the App Store/Apps.

kt_kez
30th March 2010, 05:48 PM
I assume they're still working on the App store for iPad and therefore chose not to include it with this batch of videos.

I love their guided tours, they look amazing and really convincing that it will be a useful device despite some of the perceived shortcomings.

Definitely makes the 64Gb and 3G more appealing!!

MrJesseRoss
30th March 2010, 06:02 PM
I'm just happy to see The Boy Least Likely To getting a bit of publicity via the iPod tour. I love those guys! :)

areal
30th March 2010, 06:27 PM
Apple's videos continue to get creepier.

Also, I wonder how ergonomic it'll be. The videos seem to indicate that it requires that the user has their feet on a desk, has their legs crossed, or access to a recliner.

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4067/4475230747_3efcf6744c.jpg

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4043/4476008036_689ebf1ae8.jpg

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4042/4475231047_415b0e54c5.jpg

cosmichobo
30th March 2010, 06:35 PM
I've never used Pages except for typing "The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog".

Is the iPad version majorly cut down, majorly the same, or majorly reinvented compared to the Mac version?

snark
30th March 2010, 07:57 PM
Apple sure know how to make a product desirable. I never buy first generation products, but dammit, my resolve is being tested after viewing some of those videos.

will
30th March 2010, 08:08 PM
it looks good - very good!

The iPad and the videos.......zoom!

cosmichobo
30th March 2010, 09:11 PM
Apple sure know how to make a product desirable. I never buy first generation products, but dammit, my resolve is being tested after viewing some of those videos.

:)

I was just thinking, watching the videos and all... even if I did have the money... I'm thinking this is a product that will benefit from "the next gen"... I imagine in another 12 months they'll have probably a speed bump of maybe - another 25% speed? More flash drive space.

Of course, if you have $700-$1000 burning a hole in your pocket... hoohar!

Keving
30th March 2010, 09:34 PM
:)

I was just thinking, watching the videos and all... even if I did have the money... I'm thinking this is a product that will benefit from "the next gen"... I imagine in another 12 months they'll have probably a speed bump of maybe - another 25% speed? More flash drive space.

Of course, if you have $700-$1000 burning a hole in your pocket... hoohar!

If you think like that, you'll never buy anything. It will be glorious as it is.

cosmichobo
30th March 2010, 10:21 PM
Well I've gotta think like that, cos having just bought a Macbook Pro for the missus, a timing belt that needs replacing in the car, and a 6 year old eMac that is pissing me off, there's no way an iPad is coming into this house til it reaches Gen2 or 3! :}

ozerus
30th March 2010, 11:02 PM
dear gawd I want one hurry up and be released in Australia!!

Paris
31st March 2010, 05:34 AM
I've never used Pages except for typing "The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog".

Is the iPad version majorly cut down, majorly the same, or majorly reinvented compared to the Mac version?

Looks mostly the same.