PDA

View Full Version : LCD screen from iBook G4/1.0GHz

stewiesno1
27th March 2010, 09:46 PM
Well after exhausting all hardware faults after a friend of mine spilled a cuppa tea all over her 14" G4/1.0GHz iBook and it still plays up , she is now in the market for a new 'un.
What I am hoping for is to score a 12" maybe a 1.2 ,1.33 or 1.42Ghz model ( seeing as they generally go for about $150-$200 cheaper than the 14" models ) and transplant the screen from the old 14" one to the new one seeing as it is one of the components that is still OK.
That and the 1Gb stick of Ram that tests OK as well.
Anyone done this before ?
Are the 14"screens from a 1.0Ghz compatible with the body of a 121" 1.2 ,1.33 or 1.42Ghz model G4 iBook ?

Stewie

Brains
27th March 2010, 11:39 PM
Stewie, Reverse Garbage here in Marrickville (just off Addison Road) has a bunch of working iBook G4's going cheap. Drive down and ask to speak to Tony and see if he's got any bits left over from the testing-session (non-working machines are cannibalised for parts to sell working ones).

stewiesno1
28th March 2010, 12:26 PM
Hmmm. Food for thought Brains.
Trouble is I've had this bloody 12" ibook apart three times already and I don't feel like taking it apart again.
So far it has been a freebie for my friend but...

Stewie

Brains
28th March 2010, 07:57 PM
Bite the bullet, tell her it's finally given up the ghost, and get one of the Reverse cheapies and drop the original data into it.

You can only spend so much time on something :)

stewiesno1
30th March 2010, 08:52 AM
Ain't that the truth.
Between work and my own little projects that have been temporarily shelved, this has eaten up a lot of my time.

Stewie

Chud
5th April 2010, 11:35 AM
If you give up and want to sell the screen, I have the reverse situation. My culprit was a size 12 boot rather than a cup of coffee, and the victim was the screen :mad:

Anyway, if you want to sell the screen let me know.