PDA

View Full Version : First iPad app in Australia before the iPad!

Jinkies
24th March 2010, 05:22 PM
mogeneration has developed what it believes is the first app for Apple's iPad. Have a look at some of the pictures of it here....First iPad app in Australia - mogeneration, apple ipad - ARN (http://www.arnnet.com.au/article/340731/first_ipad_app_australia/?fp=16&fpid=1)

Keving
24th March 2010, 06:04 PM
It's most certainly not the first, plenty have already been developed...

matthew858
24th March 2010, 07:21 PM
We (Syncode) have been working on Synotes for iPad for a while now, and we're based in Australia. Not quite the first Aus app there.

Paris
25th March 2010, 04:26 AM
Secret Lab has numerous iPad apps in the works. mogeneration are certainly not the first.

iTy
25th March 2010, 08:42 AM
Secret Lab has numerous iPad apps in the works. mogeneration are certainly not the first.

Here, here. Just because there is no media hogging PR doesn't mean others haven't developed an iPad App.

All this is, is a "claim"

They maybe the first to submit a PR to ARN, who knows...but as shown by the other posters in this thread, definitely not the first to develop an iPad App :cool1:

Jinkies
25th March 2010, 05:08 PM
If you read the story it's actually mogeneration claiming they are first, not ARN. There's a difference there. You got a quip about it....go to Keith I say.....

decryption
25th March 2010, 05:11 PM
Well, ARN published the article (and wrote the headline - "first iPad app in Australia") - presumably, they wouldn't just believe what they are told by the company claiming to be first right?

ARN/Julia Talevski (the author of the article), should have checked if it was actually first, before writing something claiming it is first.

marc
25th March 2010, 06:01 PM
We (Syncode) have been working on Synotes for iPad for a while now, and we're based in Australia. Not quite the first Aus app there.

We'll have an app ready for day 1 of the app store, too. I know of lots of other Australian developers who will be releasing on or near day 1.

Mogeneration is definitely not the first by any measure.

Nothing to see here, move along.

ARN/Julia Talevski (the author of the article), should have checked if it was actually first, before writing something claiming it is first.

All developers are in the same boat... no one can release iPad apps until Apple approve submissions and open the iPad App Store.

I'm surprised the article was published.

decryption
25th March 2010, 06:11 PM
I'm surprised the article was published.

Same here - it sounds like a regurgitated press release. The app is cool, don't get me wrong, but the focus of the article should be on that - "Australian Developer Makes Cool App Early for iPad" not "FIRST AUSTRALIAN MADE IPAD APP!"

iTy
25th March 2010, 09:36 PM
Same here - it sounds like a regurgitated press release. The app is cool, don't get me wrong, but the focus of the article should be on that - "Australian Developer Makes Cool App Early for iPad" not "FIRST AUSTRALIAN MADE IPAD APP!"

Spot quiz, I'll be willing to buy apps at a slightly higher price than iPhone apps but not if its too high. Anyone care to take a shot at what the average price for iPad apps will be?

I wonder if Apple will approve a large format Fart App :p

You know, "bigger", "louder", than before :rolleyes:

marc
25th March 2010, 10:25 PM
Anyone care to take a shot at what the average price for iPad apps will be?

A guess: Some apps will be universal and slightly more expensive than they are now. Some apps will have two versions (iPhone and iPad) and be about the same price as now. Some apps will be significantly larger—because the larger screen allows for it—and they'll cost more as a result of more time and money spent on development.

I don't think anyone should be scared about software prices on the iPad.

iTy
26th March 2010, 08:09 AM
I don't think anyone should be scared about software prices on the iPad.

No fear here.

Here are some interesting stats about the App Store (http://148apps.biz/app-store-metrics/)

ozerus
26th March 2010, 10:55 AM
Anyone care to take a shot at what the average price for iPad apps will be?

I think Apple have done a pretty good job of showing the gradient of pricing, it's own iWork apps are 10 dollars each, while I assume they aren't as capable as the desktop version I'm betting they are pretty close to what they can do..

So apps of that nature of complexity/capability will probably float around that mark, however I think they will on average be slightly more expensive then the average iphone app, more because of the additional capabilities developers will want to put into there apps.

Or at least that's what I'm thinking.

grfxninja
26th March 2010, 12:46 PM
[devils advocate]

The way I read that is that they are claiming it as the first finished app for the ipad

Most of the comments above are saying that "we are working on" or "will have ready for the release date" etc.

I could be wrong, but it's just the way I read it…

[/devils advocate]

*dons flame suit!

El Guardo
26th March 2010, 01:04 PM
Given that Firemint already have Flight Control HD approved and in the app store, I'm guessing mogeneration aren't even close to the first.

gehenna
26th March 2010, 01:30 PM
Given that Firemint already have Flight Control HD approved and in the app store, I'm guessing mogeneration aren't even close to the first.

Link?

El Guardo
26th March 2010, 02:48 PM
Firemint already have Flight Control HD approved and in the app store

Link (http://www.padgadget.com/2010/03/25/apple-leaks-approved-ipad-apps/)

gehenna
26th March 2010, 02:51 PM
Link (http://www.padgadget.com/2010/03/25/apple-leaks-approved-ipad-apps/)

Nice one, thanks

SFSJ
27th March 2010, 12:41 PM
'First' is exceptionally ambiguous in this case, since it won't be 'available' until all the other apps launch along with the device. And lest we forget, 'First' and 'Available' have 0 to do with 'Good' or 'Useful.' When I start seeing those headers, I take notice. Otherwise, nothing here to see, imo.