PDA

View Full Version : Missing "movies" Folder (all Fixed Now!)

Bogus Jimmy
25th August 2005, 04:33 PM
Hi guys,

I've accidentally deleted the "Movies" folder from my friends PowerBook. The content isn't really a problem however now I cannot get a proper "Movies" folder back. I've added a folder called Movies on the HDD and dragged it to the shortcut bar in Finder and it's pretty much the same except the folder is a blank icon, and not the Movies icons that is was before. How can I designate this folder as the movies folder and get the icon back?

Thanks

sdien
25th August 2005, 05:08 PM
not sure if this will help,

but if what you did was only removing the folder from the sidebar,
then click on your main hard drive (if you have more than 1)
then,
click on user > [your name] > Movies

drag the Movies folder to the sidebar... this should re-create the link..

if you actually delete the folder, and emptied the thrash....
hmmm... ;)

Bogus Jimmy
25th August 2005, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by sdien@Aug 25 2005, 05:08 PM
if you actually delete the folder, and emptied the thrash....
hmmm... ;)
Yep, that's what I did (actually I accidentally deleted the folder then someone else emptied the trash not knowing what was in there)

DJY
25th August 2005, 09:43 PM
What about create a new User account...
then you could copy the icon on their Movies folder.. to the Movies folder you created for your friend after your 'hiccup'.

the_OM
25th August 2005, 11:51 PM
get candy bar or download some icons and just get him a new colourful folder.

It's easy to do..... all you do is right click on the icon you want, click on "get info", when the little floating mirror comes up click on the icon thats there (you can see its highlighted if it has a blue outline) and hit cmd+C. Then right click on the movies folder, click get info, and when that floating mirror comes up click on the generic folder icon in it (again so it has a blue outline) then hit cmd+V.

Basically your copying one icon and pasting it over the top of another. And I'm sure you'd be able to find the original movies folder icon somewhere on the web.

Edit: I added the movie icon as a tiff image (its what preview set it as automatically, so just copy and paste it over the generic folder icon, if you need it in a different format just holla)

Edit 2: I just tried it, and it adds the icon with a black box around it....... anyone else have any other ideas?

Mac Aid
28th August 2005, 11:46 PM
I the replacement "Movies" folder spelt correctly (including case, no spaces etc) and in the right place?

If so, I would have thought it would have automatically got the icon. Desktop and Documents certainly do.

Bogus Jimmy
2nd September 2005, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by Mac Aid@Aug 28 2005, 11:46 PM
I the replacement "Movies" folder spelt correctly (including case, no spaces etc) and in the right place?

If so, I would have thought it would have automatically got the icon. Desktop and Documents certainly do.
I didn't actually recreate the folder, my friend did. When I noticed today that it was in the root directory of the HDD, I decided to neaten things up and put it in the the corrects Users/etc folder and presto! "Movies" folder was back!