PDA

View Full Version : Survivors (9; 9.30pm tonight)

cosmichobo
21st March 2010, 09:06 PM
G'day,

For those interested, who haven't already found it elsewhere given its 2008 UK premiere... 9 is tonight airing a remake of the 70's post apocalyptic series, "Survivors".

Word is it's fairly good, and it's at least got 2 full seasons, so hopefully wont just disappear... (Err, "full" for British tv - 6 episodes each)

For the WHO audience... the (original) show was created by Terry Nation... creator of the Daleks...

I never saw the original, but I'll give this remake a go... V's been working out so far... :)

cheers

cosmic

DJY
21st March 2010, 09:22 PM
I saw the first "season" (6 episodes)... but didn't realise the second one was done too! Thanks for the tip!

I enjoyed the original, and also enjoyed Season 1 when I watched it!

cosmichobo
21st March 2010, 10:02 PM
DJY - I saw part of an episode of the original in the 1990's on cable... but didn't get into it.

About 1/2 through the first episode, and I'm enjoying it. Am reminded a bit of "On The Beach", 2000 tv remake of the 1950's post-apocalyptic movie...

And to add, for the Whovians... at least in ep 1, we also have Pete (Rose's dad) and Martha Jones! :)

MrJesseRoss
21st March 2010, 11:16 PM
I watched it when it aired in the UK back in 2008... First few eps were good, but I was bored by the end. I don't think I'll bother with the second series (if it ever airs here).

cosmichobo
21st March 2010, 11:19 PM
I'm gonna guess 9 MAY air all 12 eps in a row... given ep6S2 just aired in the UK earlier this month. But then... I don't know how serious 9 are these days towards sci-fi/fast tracking.

I'm pissed! Closing scene of ep1 just f'd up a series I've been developing since Xmas. No idea what's in "the lab" as yet, but if it's what I suspect it is, then it's basically what I've been writing. Don't ya hate that...

Alessiman
22nd March 2010, 06:28 AM
Season 1 was great, Season 2 lost direction for a few eps but did at least steer us to some answers

I'd still rate this better than the recent Day of the Triffids Remake

Now just bring back Blakes 7. That would totally rock our socks off!

DJY
22nd March 2010, 06:25 PM
I can understand why some people have given up on it...
Season 1 was setup well... but I can understand how some don't think it progressed that far... and not sure where it will go in the future.

I'll have a look still though.

as for others - I wasn't aware they had remade Day of the Triffids again!?!!
But I'll second the vote to bring back Blake's 7!!!!!
LOVED THAT ONE!

cosmichobo
22nd March 2010, 07:57 PM
Just looking at the pilot... and thinking of Jericho... and from what little I know of the original... I hope they don't get soapy. I guess really there's only so much you can do with a show like this...

And yes, it seems to be the era of sci fi remakes!

cosmichobo
28th March 2010, 11:34 PM
Tonight 9 aired episodes 2 and 3, back to back. Well, I can't say I'm shocked...

They then announced that next week is the conclusion... but there are 3 episodes of S1 remaining.

So obviously they are not showing V S01E05... which airs on Tuesday 30 March in the USA. Instead we'll get 3 episodes of Survivors, and a series that we could have been able to savour, will be rammed down our throats. Not to mention - what about S2?

And the networks wonder why they are losing viewers...

DJY
29th March 2010, 03:31 PM
agree!
How many shows do they continue to show episodes out of order...
mix in repeats and new episodes....
move series to late night - or just stop without any notice...

sigh
I've started watching S2 of this one though - but not sure I will stick with it to be honest. Just looking for something to keen my interest until SG Universe, Doctor Who and "V" re start I think.

craigd
2nd July 2010, 12:09 AM
I have watched both seasons os Survivors (remake) and all 3 Seasons of the original 1975-76-77 Survivors and there all awesome.

The acting is patchy but the story is solid