PDA

View Full Version : Padnotes App Preview - This why the iPad will rule them all

skritter
17th March 2010, 08:49 PM
:proud: Watch and drool!

YouTube - PadNotes iPad app preview (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6nDbE1CK3o&feature=player_embedded)

will
17th March 2010, 09:07 PM
That looks so very good!

NathR32
17th March 2010, 09:14 PM
That looks unreal.

Anthony, make more space in your luggage for an iPad for me! lol

decryption
17th March 2010, 09:15 PM
That looks unreal.

Anthony, make more space in your luggage for an iPad for me! lol

You gotta pay me first hombre ;)

NathR32
17th March 2010, 09:17 PM
I forgot about it after my first message :( lol. Do you have any space left?

bennettnz
17th March 2010, 11:21 PM
Looked pretty crap to me. Nice idea but looked clunky as hell. I think it can be massaged into something a lot more professional.

Ecto1
18th March 2010, 08:48 AM
Looks good. I wouldn't get any use out of it but I like what I see.

DagrtheSnide
18th March 2010, 09:33 AM
My finger is not very sharp, or does this use a stylus ?

bartron
18th March 2010, 09:51 AM
One use I can see straight away an that is keeping a store of standard documents in PDF format and using the iPad to edit them....this is presuming you can select the same file over and over and create new annotations each time

E.g. for photographers:
Checklist for jobs
lighting diagrams
model releases
location notes

etc

And this is only the first batch of iPad apps.

Apple may well have hit the nail on the head for the tablet format and this type of thinking from developers shows that they get it.

maclab
18th March 2010, 09:55 AM
Resembles the NoteBook app for mac by Circus ponies.

I really hope Circus ponies make an app for the ipad

marc
18th March 2010, 10:53 AM
I like the concept, but what an ugly app.

reemixx
18th March 2010, 10:56 AM
Awesome. Just awesome.

Agreed, the UI looks clunky etc, but this just goes to show that the way devs are approaching the iPad is just what we all hoped for. There's so much potential for these kinds of apps since it plays to the iPad's strengths. And this is just the beginning.

Can't. Wait.

I really hope Apple includes or implements a proper system for document management, that doesn't just apply to docs for iWork. A single location within the iPad's file system that can be shared across apps would be good. Otherwise things could get a bit messy. I mean, it's manageable right now - I guess - the way the iPhone does things; relying on syncing on a per-app basis, or storing documents within the cloud, but it's not the most elegant solution. For the iPhone it's forgivable, but the iPad will need something more solid than that.

skritter
18th March 2010, 02:20 PM
....I really hope Apple includes or implements a proper system for document management, that doesn't just apply to docs for iWork. A single location within the iPad's file system that can be shared across apps would be good....

It has been my understanding form snipets of comments made that there is a shared file depository (folder) and that file types will be accessed directly from the application and not a 'Finder'.

So I gather that if an application supports .pdf then all .pdf files on the pad will be available to that app and so on.

Joe98
18th March 2010, 03:56 PM
One use I can see straight away an that is keeping a store of standard documents in PDF format and .........

Go to Dymocks web site and learn that a lot of electronic books are in PDF format.

it is not nescessary to have a Kindle format or an iPad format or any other format.

PDF is the way to go.

-

yagankiely
18th March 2010, 06:19 PM
I like the concept, but what an ugly app.My thoughts exactly. That is a hideous UI.

Quamen
18th March 2010, 09:00 PM
My thoughts exactly. That is a hideous UI.

I agree entirely.

maclab
18th March 2010, 11:24 PM
PDF's can be easily converted to epub, and the ibook app from apple will sync with itunes allowing you to put your own epub stuff in there, so it will be fantastic.

HumanMedia
19th March 2010, 12:01 AM
I agree entirely.

Me too, I was completely underwhelmed.

Like one of the YouTube comments says, its like a Windows 3.1 app.

yagankiely
19th March 2010, 02:57 AM
Wow, I watched it to the PDFs and it gets worse. It's trying to be a Jack of all trades also…

GeoffP
19th March 2010, 06:46 AM
This app has the type of functionality I was hoping for with the iPad.

I can audit a clients site, markup existing background drawings, free hand sketch, take notes, etc.

What is missing is an inbuilt camera in the iPad, it would then be MUCH more appealing.