PDA

View Full Version : No headphones included ?

LevMac
14th March 2010, 12:46 PM
I know its no major thing, but I would have thought that Apple would have at least included there headphones inside the packaging for the iPad ?

I had a look at the contents in the box, and its got - Dock Connector to USB Cable, 10W USB Power Adapter & Documentation

avolve
14th March 2010, 12:52 PM
It's not a music device (it can be).

MrJesseRoss
14th March 2010, 01:24 PM
Yeah, it's not really a music device. Think of it as a Mac in an iPhone costume.

Remy
14th March 2010, 01:49 PM
I was surprised when I saw this, since Apple bundles in their headphones with just about anything - but it makes sense. They're really downplaying its ability to play music, and it gives them the opportunity to spruik their in-ear headphones too.

nibbles
14th March 2010, 02:21 PM
That's just another way they are keeping the price down

gareth
14th March 2010, 03:18 PM
Good i have to many pairs as it is. :)

yagankiely
15th March 2010, 03:52 PM
Good, Apple earphones are horrible.

maclab
16th March 2010, 01:41 AM
Well it better have decent stereo speakers then, because the crappy iphone speaker wont suffice for watching movies.

ozerus
16th March 2010, 06:57 AM
Well it better have decent stereo speakers then, because the crappy iphone speaker wont suffice for watching movies.

the iPad doesn't come with headphones but still has a headphone port.

6andy6
16th March 2010, 07:36 AM
It's not a music device (it can be).

Lol you always love answers when people try to justify how good the thing is.

If its not a music device, I have also seen people say its not a computer, or a video player (only play stuff purchased via Itunes), but its not an oversized iphone or touch....then what is it.

Must be revolutionary - but no one knows what it is???

Headphones are not rocket science and no matter how cheap it is kinds of defeats the purpose of a portable device being able to be used when traveling (right love someone sitting in their airline seat next to me using the entertainment apps with the speakers turned up).

LithgowLights
16th March 2010, 08:00 AM
Good i have to many pairs as it is. :)

We don't. The son has already stuffed 3 sets of apple earphones in2 years and now has none left for his iPod. I probably should send them back to be replaced but I'm not close to a store

MrJesseRoss
16th March 2010, 08:10 AM
Headphones are not rocket science and no matter how cheap it is kinds of defeats the purpose of a portable device being able to be used when traveling (right love someone sitting in their airline seat next to me using the entertainment apps with the speakers turned up).

the iPad doesn't come with headphones but still has a headphone port.

Hope this helps.