PDA

View Full Version : Nexus One Tethering with Ipad?

gariben
13th March 2010, 04:26 PM
I'm currently tethering my laptop to Nexus One (T-Mobile with Android data plan).

Can I tether my Nexus One (Android data plan) to IPad using PDANet software? I want to surf the internet without the data plan.

Thanks,

MrJesseRoss
13th March 2010, 04:29 PM
There was a Steve-mail last week saying no to iPhone-iPad tethering. I doubt it would be any different for a rival product.

Dust For Eyes
13th March 2010, 05:36 PM
If you turn your Nexus One into a WiFi hotspot you'd probably be able to do it.

Macjorsh
13th March 2010, 07:16 PM
Yep it doesn't seem fair that other phones can become wifi hot spots and iphone cant. My Nokia work phone can its just plain crazy.

MightyAtom
13th March 2010, 08:38 PM
Yep it doesn't seem fair that other phones can become wifi hot spots and iphone cant.
If you jailbreak and install (buy) MyWi from Cydia, your iPhone can become a Wi-Fi hotspot. Just another artificial restriction courtesy of Apple.

BiRDBRAiN
13th March 2010, 09:28 PM
Too bad for us iPhone'rs with 3.13 and newer boot firmware. ><

No JB yet.

tobico
13th March 2010, 09:48 PM
If you jailbreak and install (buy) MyWi from Cydia, your iPhone can become a Wi-Fi hotspot. Just another artificial restriction courtesy of Apple.

It's true, you can, and it's pretty nifty. It also chews through the battery in a couple of hours. I'm just gonna pay the extra $10~20 a month for an iPad data plan and enjoy the convenience.