PDA

View Full Version : Leo Laporte giving away an iPad if you follow a complete random stranger on Twitter

Balthazar
10th March 2010, 10:17 AM
Following in Conan O'Brien's footsteps (They actually wanted to try to out do his effort) Leo Laporte and Kevin Rose live on TWiT TV follow a completely random New Zealander with the twitter name @lisatickledpink because she tweeted: "I hate technology".

LisaTickledPink Meets TWIT's Leo Laporte - petes2cents (http://petes2cents.posterous.com/lisatickledpink-meets-twits-leo-laporte)

Pretty funny, I heard it happening live and she is now up to about 13'000 followers (She had 3).

Leo is sending her a free iPad and will give away one to a random follower of her account so if you are interested in a 1 in 13 thousand chance of a free iPad... give it a shot.

craigc
10th March 2010, 12:04 PM
I have already started following her. It is pretty funny to read her earlier posts when she is realizing what is happening to her.

Apparently, she had email notifications turned on so she got 1000s of emails when people started to follow her.

Balthazar
10th March 2010, 12:08 PM
I saw them on Twit Live this morning, i got the feeling Leo was feeling a little bit sheepish for not asking her permission first like Conan did when he picked a random twitter user to "bless" with thousands of followers.

She was a great sport though.

craigc
10th March 2010, 12:10 PM
Here is a link to a radio interview that Lisa and Leo did together about the whole situation:

YouTube - LisaTickledPink & Leo Laporte 10-3-10 Radio Wammo Show, Kiwi FM (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ilJ6uFr4MmY&feature=youtu.be)

decryption
10th March 2010, 03:07 PM
That is surreal - I wonder if she still hates technology?

Remy
10th March 2010, 03:36 PM
I'm following. There's a free iPad to be won, so why not? ;)

Bart Smastard
10th March 2010, 03:53 PM
I've only got 3 followers. Where's my iPad???? :(

P.S. And I hate technology AND social networks (do you see the irony?)

Balthazar
11th March 2010, 10:13 AM
She is up to 17700 followers... insane, i would never have thought Leo Laporte had such a following.

gehenna
11th March 2010, 10:21 AM
Laporte's following is huge. He's got 172,000 or something on twitter, the TWiT network podcasts have massive penetration.

Jaste
11th March 2010, 11:15 AM
She has been a very good sport. I imagine it would be a bit overwhelming if you are unsure of what is going on. Especially with the trolls and idiots giving her a hard time.